Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fell off the train, and getting back on

alaskancoppertop
alaskancoppertop Posts: 35
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
Yep, I took about two months to fall off the train of paying attention to what I am eating and exercise and all that. I lost internet, I can only get on if I can hook into a neighbor's signal (which is about five minutes twice a day!), and lost motivation when I couldn't get in here to lurk regularly!

But I am back on the train. I am not going to focus so hard on my diet (although I am still going to pay attention to what I am eating cause my triglycerides are high, I just am not going to freak if I go over my calories), but I am going to focus more on my exercise.

I just got a dog (adopted a boxer mix from my ex-husband, and she needs PLENTY of exercise!), so that will keep me moving!

I am also on my ex's unit softball team, so that is keeping me moving, too.

And I have also signed up for Fort Stewart's "Top of the Rock" Run in September. They have a 5K and 10K. I will never run a 10K again (made that mistake back in May 1995, had to go to the bathroom halfway through!!), but I LOVE running 5Ks, used to run two a year in high school! So I have nine weeks to be able to run a 5K in about 33 minutes or less! If I take longer than that, I will be SO mad with myself!

Replies

• JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Hey, good for you! I'm getting back on full force, too. I took a month off exercising since I had become so exhausted all the time I could barely get up in the morning. But now I just feel like a blob, so I went for my walk this morning and logged my foods for the first time in a week. Glad to have someone to get the ball rolling with again! Good luck!
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Good luck!

I'm glad you are back on the train!

I'm training for a 5k too! So far I can't seem to do it under 40 mins but I'm improving each run. Hope everything turns out well for you!
  • Good luck!

I'm glad you are back on the train!

I'm training for a 5k too! So far I can't seem to do it under 40 mins but I'm improving each run. Hope everything turns out well for you!

My biggest problems are going to be the fact that I have asthma now (developed it back in winter 06/07 after a back injury) and I sprained my ankle in Sept 07 and it never fully stopped hurting, and my shin can barely handle the pounding of 100 yards before I feel like I am going to break. I went to physical therapy for four months for my ankle (at the same time I was going to PT for six months for my wrist!), so it is supposed to be healed, I just have to pound through the pain.
This discussion has been closed.