i am starving

Options
just eating fruits and vegetables i get extremely hungry! i even added a few nuts here and there and meats!
but what do you guys eat to stay full??

Replies

• hellomeghan
    Options
    plain yogurt is a beautiful thing! go to the store and buy a tub of fat-free vanilla yogurt. even if you don't like the taste (it takes a while to get used to...trust me) it's super versatile. you can stir in a little bit of honey, stir in some of your favorite cereal or granola, top it off with nuts or top it off with some of the fruit you've been eating like strawberries or peaches. even stir in some chocolate chips when you have a bad sweet tooth. works awesome with frozen fruit because it turns it into little chunks of frozen yogurt. even take bananas, cut them in half, put them on popsicle sticks, dip them in the yogurt, freeze them and you have a super healthy snack for when it's warmer outside. you get your protein and yogurt definitely fills you up with half the calories of most other snack options. :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Welll...I looked at your diary for today, and honestly I don't see that many fruits & vegetables. And I would be hungry too if all I had for dinner was bisque and bread. :smile: A salad, and/or a small serving of chicken would help fill you up. During the day, some of my favorite snacks are baby carrots, sliced bell peppers (orange ones are my favorite!), sugar snap peas dipped in hummus is good. Plain Greek yogurt with fresh strawberries or blueberries & some honey is a tasty sweet treat with some protein....

Do you exercise daily? Do you eat any of your exercise calories back?
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I try to do two servings of fruit a day, 4 servings of veggies (2 with lunch and dinner each), and 2-3 servings of dairy--usually one steamed milk with my espresso, some cheese for the 2nd, and either cottage cheese or yogurt for the third.

Breakfast is cereal or oatmeal, once or twice a week I do an egg with toast or something similar.

Lunch entrees are usually leftovers, a Lean Cuisine, or a turkey burger

Dinner entrees vary: Chicken breast salad, steak, spaghetti, homemade pizza...whatever we feel like. I just keep the portions under control. Where we used to each do a 10-12 ounce steak when we grilled, now we split an 8 ounce steak.

Hope that helps.
  • fishermanwife
    Options
    might help to try and get away from already made foods, for example you had 2 different sandwiches on your food diary and I can make a sandwich at home with one piece of saralee bread 45 cal loaded with veggies then oscar mayer deli meat on the outside to hold it together with an apple, carrots and celery and it fills me up and has less calories and sodium, I told my husband im eating less and feel fuller by eating meats fruit and veggies instead of package meals and little debbie snacks
  • BodyPositive
    Options
    Why not add protein into your breakfast? I've found it keeps me full and curbs my appetite. Maybe your portions are too small?
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Get that protein up over 100g per day, and eat more fibrous veggies. More water helps too.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    More protein and fats, less sugary foods.

• chicpeach
    chicpeach Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hunger is a signal that your body is minus some nutrients. Try to eat a balance of protein, fat and carbs at each meal and also vary the color of your fruits and vegetables. This will help give you a variety of vitamins, minerals, essential amino acids, etc. The more balanced and complete your nutrition is, the less hunger you'll feel between meals. I eat about 1300-1400 calories a day and almost never feel the need for a snack.
  • trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'd say less processed food and like others have mentioned, higher protein levels. Keep eating the fruits and veggies too.
  • Jamiewoodle
    Jamiewoodle Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    More protein and fats, less bread.

^^ This! Protein helps keep me nice and full! Try this:

Breakfast - 1 mashed banana mixed with 2/3 cup liquid egg whites- cook like a pancake!
    Serve with 1/4 cup syrup I use log cabin sugar free 20 cal for 1/4 cup.
    (230 calories for the whole thing including sugar free syrup)

Sometimes I add 1/2 scoop choc. whey protein for even more staying power :)
  • jillthemom
    jillthemom Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Its all about replacing higher calories foods with lower calories, yet just as filling foods. For example, instead of wasting hundreds of calories on bread, make a lettuce wrap instead. Or, I really like those sandwich thins, which tend to be less than 100 caps. Salads can be really filling, too. Try not to eat too many empty calories.
  • kaitlynn29
    kaitlynn29 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    More protein and fats, less bread.

^^ This! Protein helps keep me nice and full! Try this:

Breakfast - 1 mashed banana mixed with 2/3 cup liquid egg whites- cook like a pancake!
    Serve with 1/4 cup syrup I use log cabin sugar free 20 cal for 1/4 cup.
    (230 calories for the whole thing including sugar free syrup)

Sometimes I add 1/2 scoop choc. whey protein for even more staying power :)

ima try that hopefully if i have time in the morning. Thanks(:
  • kaitlynn29
    kaitlynn29 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    thanks guys. the advice helps a lot.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    It might help to track your sugar. Sugar and other refined carbs like white flour can make you feel hungry a few hours after eating them due to a drop in blood sugar.
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    you cant live on fruit and veg alone - you need protein and carbs. eat girl. have a steak or chicken breast, cereal for breakfast. your not doing your body any favours by not eating.
    on the other hand, i am all for a fruit and veg detox once in a while but i dont do it for anymore than 3 days and i only do light exercise like walking while im doing it.
    :)