new to mfp! :)

Options
Hi, all! I'm Ashton. I'm nineteen years old and I'll be 20 in just a couple of months. I'm from North Carolina. I'm studying to be an elementary teacher. I'm LGBT friendly, being a lesbian myself. I'm learning to love myself. And this journey is only the beginning.
My entire life has been one weight loss struggle after another. I don't recall ever being small. Not even as a child. I recall being bullied and teased for my weight. And things like that can change someone's life forever. It's honestly scarring. I'm tired of being that girl. I'm going to make a change for myself and as a big "screw you" to those who thought I couldn't do it.
I'm 5'8" and 258 lbs, but a week ago, I was 266.5 lbs. I've started my weight loss journey and I'm read to kick it up a notch. I'm not new to weight loss communities, but I am new to MFP and I would love some friends for my journey!

Replies

• Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Welcome! We are all glad to have you here! Best of luck on your journey and feel free to add me as a friend! :)
  • Jenny1061
    Jenny1061 Posts: 29
    Options
    Everyone is welcome to add me!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ashton.

Keep logging in daily as there's bags of encouragement and motivation here.

Good luck, you'll do great.
  • DeniseChilver
    DeniseChilver Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey I'm sure you will do great :flowerforyou:
  • straitcrzyMary
    straitcrzyMary Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your new lifestyle changes. Please feel free to add me as a friend. I have been doing this for 25days. I just love it. It helps you keep track of everything...I would recommend opening up everything so your friends can give suggestions and lots of motivations. Good luck...and stay strong.