Replies

• Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    hardest part to dieting? IT TAKES FOREVER! :sad:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I don't consider myself 'dieting' right now. I am living the way I want to live, just a supersized version of it. What I am doing now will be what I keep doing. There won't be a magic stopping point where I am done.

That being said, the hardest part was starting, the second hardest, not quitting. If I eat too much one day, don't exercise one day, that is life. It will continue to go on and I need to have a lifestyle flexible enough for the things I will always have in my life.
  • BeckyProctor
    BeckyProctor Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    breaking the habit of "grazing" between dinner time and bedtime
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Exercise. I HATE IT, until I do it. Then I love the endorphins. When it comes time to DO IT though...I have to force myself. And I'm easily talked out of doing it.
  • MeliciousGibson
    Options
    I agree with ChaleGirl! For me it's KNOWING you are working your butt off burning those cals & eating healthy & you still see no change. I was more than off track for a couple of months, I'm back on it now & for the last few weeks NOTHIN'!!! It's frustrating for sure & it makes you think "why bother" even though you KNOW why, but dang....come on body - gimme SOMETHIN'!! :grumble:

This is so true for me! I have been working my butt off! I've completely changed my lifestyle, and it's GREAT. I have so much more energy, my moods are more stable, I KNOW I'm making healthy changes for my longevity and overall health. But that darn scale hasn't budged and the measurements haven't changed in almost 2 months! I look better in the clothes I have, even though they aren't a smaller size.
    I just want to see some better PROGRESS!!!! Especially when I put SO much work into it. :sigh:
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    For me, it's sticking to "the plan" - any plan - long enough for it to work. "Move more and eat less" will always work, provided you don't slide back into your old bad habits, and that's so easy to do as food tastes lovely and this chair is so comfortable.
  • leaso75581
    leaso75581 Posts: 103
    Options
    DEFINATELY THE NUTRITION...KNOWING THAT YOU CAN'T AND SHOULDN'T EAT EVERYTHING YOU WANT IS HARD TO ADJUST TO.
  • zoedallas
    zoedallas Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Nutrition is the hardest part for me. Keeping my calories down is fairly easy. Doing it with with healthy food is not. I despise cooking and always go for the frozen processed foods. I'm kind of enjoying the exercising even though I'm sore all the time.
  • jouergal
    jouergal Posts: 40
    Options
    I agree with ChaleGirl! For me it's KNOWING you are working your butt off burning those cals & eating healthy & you still see no change. I was more than off track for a couple of months, I'm back on it now & for the last few weeks NOTHIN'!!! It's frustrating for sure & it makes you think "why bother" even though you KNOW why, but dang....come on body - gimme SOMETHIN'!! :grumble:

^^^^^^^ this for sure^^^^^^^
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    snacking is the hardest thing for me. My bf says i'm gonna snack myself to death.
  • TinnedTuna
    TinnedTuna Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I can be fine and not a bother, then one of the kids or the wife will have chocolate in the fridge and i just can't stop thinking about it... whereas if it was not in the house it wouldn't bother me in the slightest
  • MPwife10
    MPwife10 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    It use to be the overeating for me but now that I have about 20lbs left to lose it changed to the working out. I should be motivated only having 20lbs left but it not coming off as easy as it was so it's a downer.
  • Roxie861
    Roxie861 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    For me the hardest part is most definitely exercising. Its very easy to think i'll skip today....but then you end up skipping more and more until you stop altogether.

I have to force myself to wake up at 6am and go for my interval running before work. Sometimes feels like torture :)
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    The hardest thing for me to overcome has been the emotional eating. Changing my eating habits (eating healthier/smaller portions) and starting an exercise routine were tough, but not as difficult as dealing with all the stuff that got me to be morbidly obese to start with....
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Out of the two, exercise.
    BUT my biggest problem is impatience.
  • lr8812
    lr8812 Posts: 111
    Options
    Hardest part is staying on track with food. Temptation; donuts, candy, big fattening meals.
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    easy--- that time between 8pm and 10pm where I want to eat everything in the house including the dog!
  • LaniCanDoIt
    Options
    Eating to me is the hardest part of all. I am getting better at working out and also enjoying it now but eating is so hard.
  • _Cass_
    _Cass_ Posts: 24
    Options
    Everything about it. I hate exercising and I love food.
  • carmela84
    carmela84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Constantly thinking about what to eat or not eat! It takes over, hopefully it can become an easy routine. :flowerforyou: let's stay positive!