What is your fav. fruit and in what recipes do you use it?

Options
I love baked pears, with blueberries! Strawberry smoothies, or fruit parfaits. Apple Crisp Mmmmm!

Tracy @ www.busyvegetarianmom.com

Please check out my website for yummy recipes too :flowerforyou:

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My favorite fruit is an apple. I usually just eat it plain or dipped in hummus or peanut butter. I don't cook with fruit much.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I like eating pineapple or oranges just raw...
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    This is one of those threads where it would be easier to list the ones I don't like.

I have to list 2 here as I cannot, will not ;-) , decide which is tops : bananas in pudding, yogurt, ceeral, Banana Bread!!!, fried, grilled, frozen... etc. watermelon because whats NOT to like?
  • MariarR33
    MariarR33 Posts: 69
    Options
    Is bannana bread and pudding REALLY healthy? Just because it has fruit in it doesn't make it healthy. I love pinapple. It's so juicy and sweet. Temple oranges are gread too!
  • cherrytulips
    Options
    If you like bananas and are craving a rich frozen treat, try a frozen banana on a stick (coated w/fat free greek yogurt+cinnamon+almonds or whatever you want):

1. Line a tray with parchment paper.
    2. Mix nonfat Greek yogurt and cinnamon together.
    3. Peel the bananas.
    4. Cut off an end from each banana, then insert the popsicle sticks.
    5. Coat the bananas in Greek yogurt and almonds (or granola or whatever you want).
    6. Lay the bananas on the parchment paper and freeze for 45-55 minutes. The bananas will be creamy and firm, but not completely frozen.

MMM! :)
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes. I use them in pizza, spaghetti, hamburgers, tacos, lasagna, french fries, balogna sammiches, fried green tomatoes are good too. Oh gee, there are a bajillion ways to use them. It's probably the most awesome fruit ever.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    mango-smoothies, just plain, a fruit salad with bananas mangoes and pineapple with coconut sprinkled over it. Mostly I eat it plain.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Is bannana bread and pudding REALLY healthy? Just because it has fruit in it doesn't make it healthy.

The OP didn't ask about healthy recipes. But banana bread and pudding aren't that unhealthy if you don't want them to be. I could make fairly healthy versions of both. If I didn't hate bananas.
  • pinkhu13
    pinkhu13 Posts: 133
    Options
    Peaches. I like the sliced canned ones in light syrup
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Love pears and cantelope. But love most all fruit. Lately I have them in green smoothies. This morning's was especially yummy: Blueberries (1 cup), Pineapple (1 cup), 1 banana, 2 cups spinach, a little water. :)
  • finchase
    finchase Posts: 174
    Options
    There's a lot that I like, and most of them I eat raw, like oranges, strawberries, apples, plums. I add strawberries to smoothies that I make. I also use a frozen "berry medley" (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries) for smoothies as well. I add blueberries to cereal, oatmeal and plain yoghurt all the time. I'm looking forward to the increased fruit available in the summer.
  • Glovesave3373
    Glovesave3373 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love all fruit... especially those exotic fruits like Pommegrantes... they are great flavor and apperance when cooking.
    Lychee are also great.. texture is a little weird and some people don't care for them but I love them...

Most recent kick is Aloe... it has a texture similar to Lychee... mostly in bottled Aloe liquid so maybe I'll use it instead of a wine for a reduction and make it into an aloe/passion fruit gastric.... :) that sounds awesome... over some pork chops or chicken breast....

Oh yea.... Passion Fruit is my favorite if it just wasn't so hard to find and expensive here in the states. When I lived in Hawaii I had 2 passion fruit trees in my backyard... it was awesome... always full of fruit and tastes so good fresh and warm right off the tree. :)
  • jessicafk11
    jessicafk11 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love most fruit. I eat so much at work I've been called a fruititarian by some (all in good fun though, they are not really giving me a hard time about it). I eat a lot of pineapple so maybe that is my favorite. It is pretty much the only fruit my boyfriend will eat so I always get at least one each week to cut up so he can get some good nutrition into some of his days . . . maybe it does not quite balance out everything else he eats but I can say I try and he loves it and appreciates the effort.
  • KitchenCourses
    Options
    I like most fruit, but I'd have to say my favorite is raspberries. I love them in green smoothies, mixed into yogurt, in homemade salad dressing, and plain.