Where does your motivation come from

Options

Replies

• Charliesuccess
    Charliesuccess Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My personal motivation comes from God, God the Father, God the Son/Jesus and God The Holy Spirit (Today :o) The God of Abraham, Isaac ,Jacob and Jesus:heart:

I woke up this morning in a complete ugly funk. I started thinking about Jesus...how He lived His early life, being subject to imperfect parents, family members and everyone about Him and how HARD it must have been for Him--yet He did it and learned obedience thru what He suffered.

Then I started thinking about God The Father. How Merciful and Kind He Is to me--to bless me with The Knowledge of Himself and His Way, Truth and Life (which is sheer unadulterated foolishness to the world, the flesh and devil:cry: ), how He sees me blowing it day after day, not following Him as I should and things that just must break His heart how we live down here on earth, yet--He's Faithful and just and gave me another chance, because He woke me up this morning. He suffers long...and is kind and so should I be with my newLIFEstyle.

Then I started thinking about The Holy Spirit...How He is so different from me, How He leads me and guides me and helps me more and more to say YES to the people, places and things (food, drinks, stuff) He wants me to say YES to NO to the people, places and things He wants me to say NO to. No longer allowing ANYONE (including my own self/flesh) to deter, distract or dissuade me from my mission to be a better witness to/for Him (via my weight loss journey and living my life in general) and to LOVE others the same way and even more than I love myself.

That motivated me to not nurse a nasty tude, but to get my tail outside and walk, then come back and work-out, and look to Him for advice, direction, guidance on what to eat, drink, do, go, be TODAY...that's my motivation today---God is my motivation.

Note: Even though you specifically said for "TODAY" this is my motivation yesterday, today and forever:heart:

Well....Amen and Amen again!
  • libby328
    libby328 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My dad, Grandma and anyone else that has suffered from being diabetic! I WILL NEVER be that person! I do not need much else besides teaching my children that life is not about food!
  • Charliesuccess
    Options
    Looking at peoples transformation pictures on here! When I'm feeling sluggish and not up to working out I have a look through this forum and get motivated by other peoples success. One day it WILL be me! :-)

Your right! It will be you....and Im sure that you are motivating other even right now! :flowerforyou:
  • Nolonger4me
    Nolonger4me Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    DITTO, see ya next year!!:smile:
  • Sadiebabcock
    Sadiebabcock Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Im sooo close to being out of the 200's and into ONEderland! That is my daily motivation to see the ONE! :)

yes yes yes!! I am so close as well.. Im thinking 2-3 more weeks and I will be there!! I hope! :) good luck :)
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    my motivation this week.....One day I was feeling really tired, did not want to exercise and I thought to myself, I can skip it just one day...then self said yea, you exercise 6 days a week and you haven't missed a day (except your reg Sunday off) since, December 26, and that is the only day missed since October........OCTOBER! OCTOBER! WOW! 6 days a week since October...wow, that awesome. there is motivation for me, how can I mess that record up!
  • Charliesuccess
    Options
    My dad, Grandma and anyone else that has suffered from being diabetic! I WILL NEVER be that person! I do not need much else besides teaching my children that life is not about food!

That was definetly one of my many motivations for losing weight....I NEVER wanted diabetes scared the weight right off me!
  • Charliesuccess
    Options
    :wink:
    my motivation this week.....One day I was feeling really tired, did not want to exercise and I thought to myself, I can skip it just one day...then self said yea, you exercise 6 days a week and you haven't missed a day (except your reg Sunday off) since, December 26, and that is the only day missed since October........OCTOBER! OCTOBER! WOW! 6 days a week since October...wow, that awesome. there is motivation for me, how can I mess that record up!

Now there is some serious dedication! love it!
  • runningdiva77
    Options
    seeing results. :) love getting thinner! it's addicting
  • Charliesuccess
    Options
    Im sooo close to being out of the 200's and into ONEderland! That is my daily motivation to see the ONE! :)

yes yes yes!! I am so close as well.. Im thinking 2-3 more weeks and I will be there!! I hope! :) good luck :)

What an awesome motivation....sometime I find myself saying i weight 292 and then people are like NO WAY and then i forget...I mean 192, I was so used to being over 300 that 1 anything still sounds foriegn to me...my brain is still playing catch up!
  • Charliesuccess
    Options
    seeing results. :) love getting thinner! it's addicting

Results are the BEST! Especially when you slip into something "just to see" and it actually looks AWESOME!
  • Charliesuccess
    Options
    Shedding my health issues before they become bigger problems!
    Living as comfortably and healthfully as I can so that I can enjoy a life that lives up to its potential (longevity, quality of life, etc).
    Looking great, but more importantly, feeling great! Certain activities don't wind me as much as they used to and I feel happier and more energetic.
    I lost most of my anxiety and depression by exercising daily and taking steps to better my physical health.

EDIT: Sorry you asked about today, only! I read too quickly.
    My answer is that the sun is shining beautifully, the scale is down, and I can't wait to get outside and get some exercise in =)

I loved the first response!!!! Anxiety and Depression is a BIG Deal! and health living is a cheaper and more fullfilling resolution than meds (disclaimer: those suffering from either should see there doctor it healthy living isnt working)
  • Charliesuccess
    Options
    My motivation is from seeing my progress and knowing that I am in control today. I have the ability and privilege of eating well and doing healthy things for my body - something a lot of other people don't.

I sort of took my ability to run for granted until I realized some people absolutely cannot run (due to disability, accidents, etc) or are fighting health battles (like cancer). I'm grateful to not have either and want to celebrate that with treating myself right.

That is an awesome way to live to your full potential! Not taking for granted our ability to DO something...anything! excellent!
  • ampa916
    ampa916 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Today was my weigh in day, so the fact that I am down 6lbs is definitely my motivation for today!!
  • libby328
    libby328 Posts: 287 Member
    Options

That was definetly one of my many motivations for losing weight....I NEVER wanted diabetes scared the weight right off me!

After my Grams had her leg sliced off from it that was all I needed! Not my dad is in Renal failure! Uh yeah no thanks! I will eat my salads and lean meats and live a happy healthy life (God permitting) and see my grandkids age past 4
  • Charliesuccess
    Options
    I don't know if I find motivation daily, but I have built a group of habits.

I get up and go for a walk outdoors, first thing in the morning, six days a week, all year around. I live in an area where the weather makes that possible :-)

I drink a 24 oz bottle of water while I'm on that walk, six days a week.

I weigh in just about every morning. If I fell completely off the wagon the day before, I want the scale to scare me straight :-)

I log in to MFP every day and I NEVER lie about what I eat and drink. I never omit anything because I don't want it to look like I went over calories.

My motivation comes from the fact that I can wear everything in my closet again. I have a sizeable pile of clothes that are just too large to wear, waiting for me to take them to the thrift shop.
    My BMI is about 4 pounds into the Normal or Healthy range, yeah!
    I bought a size 8 skinny jeans last weekend and look good in them.
    My motivation continues because my knees and hips don't hurt.
    And of course some motivation comes from people I haven't seen in several months that tell me things like "You've lost weight" or "You look younger" (I love that one) or last week "You look taller" :-)

Best wishes on your health and wellness journey!

Your are certainly dedicated! What a great feeling to see someone you know who hasnt seen your progress before....It suc a wonderful feeling!
  • ogottwald
    ogottwald Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Success Stories here on MFP, positive feedback from my wife and kids, the scale, this summer and being able to hike in the mountains for long distances, eventually doing triathlons again, getting a couple new nice suits for business ounce I get to my goal weight, seeing the flab come off.
  • Charliesuccess
    Options
    Knowing that tomorrow night is date night. I have to behave all week for that!

Awww...love ....the great motivator! :love:
  • RNmomto4
    RNmomto4 Posts: 143
    Options
    My kids!!!

I have four under the age of 5.5

I can't wait to pick them up, take them home, and play outside on this very beautiful day.

I want to make sure I am healthy, fit, and able to always be in shape enough to play and keep up with them.

They are the loves of my life :)
  • Charliesuccess
    Options
    My motivation comes from literally every step I take. My left ankle has 11 pins and two plates in from an accident I sustained last July Fourth weekend. I could not put any weight on my leg for three months and then I went through four months of physical therapy to learn how to walk again. I am motivated and grateful daily that I can walk to the gym and workout on the Arc Trainer and use the weight machines. I experience pain in every step I take but it is a wonderful reminder of how lucky I am to be upright and moving forward. Losing the weight I gained over the past ten years is part of my grand plan.

Wow...Second chance at walking as motivation! AWESOME!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!