Numbness in hands?

Options
GTOgirl1969
GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
For the last week or so I've been getting that "pins and needles" feeling in my hands and about halfway up my forearm. It feels as if my hands have fallen asleep. What could it be?

I just turned 30 if that makes a difference. :smile:

Replies

• Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Not sure of your age but I would get it checked- some times it can be anxiety or signs of mini strokes. If it's nothing then good but don't ignore it.
  • abatres7
    abatres7 Posts: 146
    Options
    carpal tunnel...is a possibility. Try hand exercises for it. You can find them on the internet
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Could be carpal tunnel. I have that problem with my hands. And sometimes I have pain in my wrists if I pick up something a little weighty or even if I use a stapler. I finally bought a battery operated stapler at work.
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    For the last week or so I've been getting that "pins and needles" feeling in my hands and about halfway up my forearm. It feels as if my hands have fallen asleep. What could it be?

If it doesn't last long, and just comes and goes, it's probably not much to worry about. I had similar symptoms for a while and my doctor said it was a lingering virus. It went away on it's own. If you spend a good amount of time at a desk and on the computer, check the positioning of your wrists... you might be cutting off some blood flow or pinching a nerve by the way your arms rest on the desk.

If it lasts for an extended period of time without going away, like it's constant for several days, go see your doctor.
  • butterfly25
    butterfly25 Posts: 186 Member
    Options

i have the same thing in my left hand and it drives me crazy:angry:
  • Scottslass
    Scottslass Posts: 76
    Options
    Defo sounds like carpal tunnel syndrome. I have suffered with it for years.
  • jendea
    jendea Posts: 5
    Options
    could be carpel tunnel syndrome, or an undiagnosed neck problem. My guess without seeing you is carpel tunnel. check on line for exercises you can do, called nerve glide exercises, to help with symptoms.

If you are getting symptoms such as, tingling in ears, face, lips as well as hands, you could be as a result of anxiety or hyperventilating.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Max is the expert about his hand going numb, ask him. :bigsmile:
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    I am B12 deficient and anemic. Both cause circulation problems. You should go see your doc and ask them for a blood work up. Those issues are alot easier to fix than carpal tunnel. :flowerforyou:
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Max is the expert about his hand going numb, ask him. :bigsmile:
    :laugh: