Losing 30 Pounds In 30 Days?

Options
I have a friend that is in a contest. He needs to lose 30 pounds to be able to have a chance to win. Anyone have any advise on what he needs to do? By the way he has bad knees too.

Replies

• craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Depends how much he's starting at but I'd say it's not going to happen and to try would be insanity! (& not the workout program)
  • Rosbrook1985
    Rosbrook1985 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    He could cut off a limb.
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    He could cut off a limb.

or two... he doesn't need his legs right? For the two, that would be up to 40% of his weight right there!
  • Rosbrook1985
    Rosbrook1985 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    He could cut off a limb.

or two... he doesn't need his legs right? For the two, that would be up to 40% of his weight right there!

that would = a winner! YAY!
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    A liquid fast, boost shakes, water, and he is going to be very hungry, I mean extremely hungry. BE CAREFUL
  • DeniseChilver
    DeniseChilver Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I did liquid diet for 2 weeks to be honest it was only for medical reasons and i wouldn't want to do it again !

I dropped 20.9 pounds, but boy for the 1st 3 days I thought I was going to die, but by the 5 days I felt brilliant
  • lauracb10
    lauracb10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Nothing he can do is gonna be healthy... and he will end up gaining it back plus some...
  • woopidydoo
    woopidydoo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Maybe a juice fast.
  • jennfost777
    jennfost777 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    He could cut off a limb.
    Bahaha that is too funny. Personally I would try Atkins but if he is super desperate he can try the 48 hour Hollywood Diet.
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My sister tried the 48 hour hollywood diet and ended up puking up a ton of stuff that looked like coffee grounds!!
  • 2kidsandadonut
    2kidsandadonut Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    For a workout try pool exercises they won't hurt his joints. Secondly depending on how large he is he could do it if he really I mean REALLY limits his caloric intake. I've lost 15lbs in less than 20 day so it is possible but there are a whole slew of factors that have to be weighed. But I spend 2-3 hours a day in the gym busing butt and I diet like there is no tomorrow (healthy diet tho I'm not rushing to the finish line.) I want to lose 30 lbs by my birthday at the end of April.