Poop

Options
Anyone else have this problem? I had brocolli for lunch today and less than 10 minutes later, it was in the toilet. I could literally see it. This happens more than I like to admit and I'm concerned that I'm not getting nutrition from the good food I eat because it goes through my body so quickly without digesting. Thoughts?

Replies

• English1Mac
    English1Mac Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    See a doctor
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I had heard that cruciferous vegetables tend to speed up digestion but 10 minutes? Are you sure you didn't eat some yesterday?
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    10 minutes post-consumption? Um... you need to get that checked out.
  • English1Mac
    Options
    I haven't had broccoli since last Saturday, so almost a week before having it for lunch today.
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Are you sure that you still have intestines? That is way too fast.
  • plethorax
    plethorax Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Does this also happen with cabbage and/or cauliflower? Another vote for "see your doc" here.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Did you eat anything green yesterday? Ten minutes is unheard of. That broccoli would have to be travelling about 3 feet per minute...
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    failedtroll.jpg
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    yo Troll...I didn't think Dumping Syndrome was possible without having had gastric bypass surgery!!
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    That is not normal..see your doc....its takes at least 4 hrs. I thought or was it 24 hrs.?
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed this.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    failedtroll.jpg

Ha ha, nice one
  • English1Mac
    Options
    Troll. So much for supportive and encouraging community.
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I have what is called colon reflex action, my doctor described it to me like what a dog has. They eat then in 20-60 minutes they have to relieve themselves. Not all people have it and yes it is annoying. But he also told me that normal digestion from mouth to stool takes 2-3 hours so it is not possibe for you to expel that in 10 minutes.