NSV!! (Its kind of a gloating one too!)

Options
So my sister in law and I decided together that we should lose weight.. She chose HCG and 600cals a day.. I chose this site... 1200 cals a day AND the gym!

Well she is 5'4" and I am 5'7"... shes lost 45lbs and Ive only lost 34lbs, we both want to lose about 65. She always says to me that if I just ate less I wouldnt HAVE to go to the gym or do bootcamps or weight lift and I would lose weight faster and have more time on my hands. I tell her I enjoy the fact that Im building a whole new body under the body that Im losing.

Well today... we went bikini shopping together... and the gym really worked!! Sure I didnt lose as much as her, but it really shows! While she didnt say that I was right... in the car on the way home she asked how much bootcamp was and if I minded her going with me! I really shouldnt gloat, because morally it isnt right... but DAMN... Im happy I chose this site and not some snake oil starvation diet!

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Congrats! A little gloating is okay, as long as you keep it limited!:bigsmile:
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    great nsv
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    You should be proud and feel good about yourself for doing it the hard way, and the healthy way. Now help her and your gloating will be forgiven. ;)
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Haha...that's great!

She's unlikely to have much lean mass left if she stays on that road.
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Lol... yes, Im going to help her... I told her about this site and said that I would LOVE to have company at bootcamp. I also told her to toss out the HCG and do this the natural way. Our goal is to be super bikini ready when the pool opens on memorial day!
  • tkaawa
    tkaawa Posts: 302
    Options
    RIGHT ON & gloat away...to yourself anyway cause you should be super proud of yourself..i can't wait to go bikini shopping because i know that hard work definitely pays off:-)

keep up the good work
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Well done with your choices & hard work!
  • cathylord
    cathylord Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You have a much better chance, too, of maintaining this weight loss. A little gloating is in order among friends (-:
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I also told her that if she wants to join me at bootcamp she's going to have to seriously up her calorie intake... 600 absolutely wont cut it with what we do!
  • jbakerak
    jbakerak Posts: 76
    Options
    Thumbs up! This really isn't a diet, but a new life. Eating right and exercising. Feeling better and getting stronger. Thin and flabby or fit and sculpted. I'm glad that your friend (even as unspoken as it was), realized that maybe you are doing the right thing! Way to go! She will probably enjoy how good it feels to work out too and appreciate it!
  • galededras
    galededras Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I would not advise her to attempt bootcamp on 600 calories. That's a recipe for disaster.
  • kbogart1996
    kbogart1996 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Great job, and it is fine to gloat once in a while.
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    WOOO HOOOO! That's so AWESOME! Keep up the amazing work and I completely agree - HCG is for the birds!!!
  • drea0703
    drea0703 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! I am so happy for you, can really imagine how good you are feeling right now. :D
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    That's a great nsv!
  • skinnybabe123
    skinnybabe123 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I would take thin and sculpted as opposed to thin and flabby. It's a lifestyle change and not diet till u die
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Gloat away! You deserve it!!! :tongue:
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! And you helped her see things through a different light, one that will help her keep the weight off instead of putting it right back on by losing weight in an unhealthy manner. Awesome job!!!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    'Sounds great. If she does go with you she will have to eat more than the 600 cals. While on HCG you are not supposed to workout due to the low caloric intake, not to mention she has been losing muscle this whole time and that will make it even harder.

Please, if you are not already, eat more than 1200 cals, you should be eating a minimum of 1200 plus eating back what you burn in the gym or you too will be losing muscle, just at a slower rate then your sister.
  • RenaPink11
    RenaPink11 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you!!! Losing weight the wrong way, as we all know, can cause it all to come back and then some! Rock that body girl!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!