Is this too much exercise?

Options
Hi everyone!
So I have been trying to make some pretty big changes in my body. I recently have gotten the P90x videos, and while I haven't been amazing about following them perfectly, it is safe to say that I do workout about 6 days a week, mostly for 60-90 minutes a day. Recently, I have created this schedule that looks basically like this:

Monday, Weds, Fri: 60 minute strength training video + 30 minutes running
Tuesday + Thursday: 2 Brazil Butt Lift videos (30 minutes each) = 60 minutes
Saturday: 30 minute brazil butt lift + 15 minute ab video
Sunday: Off day or stretch day

Is it possible I am doing too much?? I know a lot of people do the p90x videos and everything 6 days a week, which is intense enough.. but then I also added the running and stuff in. Could I be over doing it? I've had a hard time following the schedule because some days I've been so tired/sore it's been hard to motivate myself. Is this ok??

Replies

• kag0719
    kag0719 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    No thats sounds good. I currently go to the gym 3x a week and do lots of cardio (about an hour between the treadmill and the bike) and then I do about 15 min of weights. If I am not at the gym, then I workout to a video for about 30 min and/or do my WII active for about an hour. I typically have 2 days off (mostly once during the week and of course Sundays).
    Your routine looks good but dont burn yourself out!!

Good Luck!!
  • Bretthunt
    Options
    Well, my experience is that it depends on where you're starting. If you were previously working out 5-6 hours/week and now you're trying to bump up to 6-7 you're probably ok, you just need to get through the transition period. If you are starting from zero, you will probably burn yourself out and end up quitting before you really get used to that level of exercise.

So, my suggestion would be set the goal you want to get to, then work up to it week by week, increasing no more than 10% per week. That's my 2 cents.
  • lornathewizzard
    lornathewizzard Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Its certainly an impressive schedule. However, don't burn yourself out. You can only do what you can do. Sometimes life gets in the way! If you're really feeling the slog, then take one of them out. You're doing enough to give yourself a break every now and then!
  • Eireann15
    Eireann15 Posts: 124
    Options
    Thanks so much for your input, everyone! I think I need to scale back a little bit, and then work my way up to it. I've been feeling a little burnt out trying to keep up (but have been able to for the most part). Thanks for your input!! :)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Doesn't look unreasonable, but you should take an extra rest day here and there when you feel like you need it.