Resting pulse

Options
2»

Replies

• emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    @emma do you take meds or had an ablation to help slow it down? I did/am. Now I get the pleasure of going in for a heart cath next week because something is right. Be careful please!
    I had six months from sept 2008 with fairly frequent episodes of SVT hence started nadolol in may 09 40mg. Had no episodes on it so declined ablation. Cut down to 20mg in sept this year for fitness, then when pulse dropped to 38 doc suggested a trial off it. Took last one 6 days ago.
  • sunflower_yogi
    sunflower_yogi Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    mine in generally around 56-59
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    Just took it again after relaxing for a few minutes and it was 59. Likely lower on waking. I must have been excited about something earlier lol.
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    i had an ekg at thedr's office on wednesday....my RHR is 57...my doctor stated that this is athletic status.....so im golden=)
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    mine fluctuates between the upper 50s and lower 60s. my doc said it was fine.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    The average pulse is around 80.
  • jasonmeurer
    jasonmeurer Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My rest HR tends to sit between 45 and 50. Anybody know if that's good?

That's awesome. When I was uber super fit back in my younger days lol, mine was 42, and my then Dr. said, any slower and you'd be dead... He said he was joking, and that it was a very good resting HR

I have gotten that same line from my Doctor, I am regularly below 50. Where this also gets me is in calculating calorie burn with the HRM, I seem to recover VERY fast which drops my average heart rate quickly.