Mid-30s Mom with BED seeks friends & support!

Options
Hi there--I am completely new to message boards but am going out on a limb here. I'm looking for some friends who share some common ground with me who want to support each other on MFP (which I really like, by the way, after being here for a week). I've been on WW for many years with no results, and often felt "the guilt" for all the $$ I paid when I didn't stay on track.

I am coming to terms with my recent diagnosis of Binge Eating Disorder (BED), but I'm still at a very unhealthy weight. I'm in treatment for BED and am gaining the confidence to manage it and lose weight sensibly and at the same time. If you've ever read anything by Geneen Roth or Food: The Good Girl's Drug, that's me.

I work full time, I have 2 young children, and I am trying to make sense of all this stuff, get healthy for my own and my family's sake, and balance work/life/family and ME time. It's time to make a change and I have to think it's possible! If you're like me, please add me as a friend or let me know if you are interested in supporting each other--would love to have some friends on here who can relate. :)

Replies

• WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site is a wonderful resource. I know you can do it with the amazing support here. Make lots of friends! :smile:
  • Shyster2005
    Shyster2005 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks Peggy!
  • yarnellc
    yarnellc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You should check out a Celebrate Recovery group. They typically have break out groups for eating disorders. GREAT program. We are involved with one locally.