Losing Belly Fat

Options
I have been steadily increases my shoulder and arms definition, and my legs are coming along quite nicely, but I still have a "Gut"! What am I doing wrong? My diary is set to public, so feel free to browse and let me know what I am doing wrong diet wise. I am doing P90x religiously, so I know it is not my workouts. Any help would be appreciated!

Replies

• minime2b
    minime2b Posts: 168
    Options
    bump
  • fetchfury
    fetchfury Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    your over your sodium intake a lot of the time, that's probably a contribution factor as it causes bloating and water retention.
  • jhunn123
    jhunn123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    As am update, I have been doing p90x for 60 days and my diet has been consistent with what you see the last week or so. I just start charting with myfitnesspal again because I wasnt seing the results I wanted.
  • fetchfury
    fetchfury Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    also, i'd try reducing the number of processed food and meats your eating and adding more fresh vegs and fruits.
  • zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options
    Try stomach vacuums. Easy exercise to do anywhere. They don't reduce fat but they do help to hold evrything in
  • 1989Angela
    Options
    I looked at your Diary and in your place I would stop eating processed food. It seems like your Sodium intake is very high and not enough of water consumption. Good luck.
  • jhunn123
    Options
    also, i'd try reducing the number of processed food and meats your eating and adding more fresh vegs and fruits.

Yea my fresh foods intake is kind of lacking. I have zero experience eating fresh, as my family has never done it before. It is certainly a new experience for me. Dont get me wrong, my gut isnt huge. I'm 6'2" 208 pounds at the moment... body fast is hovering around 22%
  • jhunn123
    Options
    I looked at your Diary and in your place I would stop eating processed food. It seems like your Sodium intake is very high and not enough of water consumption. Good luck.

What does "not eating processed food" mean? Its mainly fish and rice I'm eating. A very small amount of it is processed, unless I dont understand what that means.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I have been steadily increases my shoulder and arms definition, and my legs are coming along quite nicely, but I still have a "Gut"! What am I doing wrong? My diary is set to public, so feel free to browse and let me know what I am doing wrong diet wise. I am doing P90x religiously, so I know it is not my workouts. Any help would be appreciated!

I doubt anything is wrong, just give it more time.
  • rcramer7
    rcramer7 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I hold fat in my stomach also. For the most part it just takes time to lose. I said it in another post but, you are burning fat off your body evenly all over. The problem is, as with me, I have 20 pounds of fat on my stomach compared to ounces everywhere else. I burned an ounce off my face, my butt, and my stomach. The only place I noticed it was my face. The most important thing is that I notice it.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    You'll eventually lose in the belly. Just keep doing what you're doing. Everyone varies; some people lose fat in the belly/thighs last, others lose upper body fat last.

Your entire body will fall into place as your overall body fat % lowers.
  • rcramer7
    Options
    Processed food usually has a lot of saturated fat. AS far as the sodium. I don't pay too much attention to that. My face sweats a lot when I exercise and I sweat it all out. Besides, have you ever seen the sodium in a MRE (meal ready to eat) from the milatary? They do it on purpose and it's enough to kill a bull on steroids.
  • jhunn123
    Options
    I was in the military for quite some time, and have eaten MRE's on more than one occassion. Talk about a calorie dense meal!
  • ccolemartin
    Options
    I have not lost any weight in 2 weeks...............ughhhh...........I am still counting my calories and cannot cut anymore I am already at 1200 per day. I just started Insanity and can feel a difference in my muscles but I still need to lose weight! What do I do???
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Time and effort solve all problem areas. Remember the body doesn't spot reduce, but once your body hits it's magic BF% your stomach/lower abs will be targeted for drastic reduction as long as you stick with the plan. Men generally store fat in the abdominal area first, so it's the last spot to clean up.

Frankly it took me 10+ years to put my weight on, it's going to take sometime to reverse the process.

Persistence!

Mark
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I have not lost any weight in 2 weeks...............ughhhh...........I am still counting my calories and cannot cut anymore I am already at 1200 per day. I just started Insanity and can feel a difference in my muscles but I still need to lose weight! What do I do???

You're counting your calories, but how many? You have to give fuel to your body to burn fat. If a fire runs low on wood it goes out. If your body runs low on fuel, it stops burning fat. You need those calories to support your workouts.
  • future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    i use skin tightening wraps as well as a ton of ab work
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    It's all about body fat %. Not the numbers on the scale. The lower the body fat % the leaner you get and the more you'll see the 6 pack of abs. The only way to burn fat is through lifting weights, eating clean and doing cardio.
  • rcramer7
    Options

You're counting your calories, but how many? You have to give fuel to your body to burn fat. If a fire runs low on wood it goes out. If you body runs low on fuel, it stops burning fat. You need those calories to support your workouts.

Coco_Puff is right. Man, if you keep that up your either gonna quit, get sick or die! If you take out the 1k cal you need just to idle that only leaves you with 200 for the real stuff. You need to up it by atleast 1k calories with good protien, carbs and fats. All your doing is conterproductive and will evetually end UGLY!!!

I'm not saying what I do is the right way for everyone but, I take more of a relaxed approach. I'm aware of what I eat, I space it out, I replace meals with whey protien. But, Damn! I eat like a 17 year old boy who forgot to take his ridtalin!