How low is LOW fat..?

Options
How many grams per day do you eat of fat if you are on a low fat diet..?

Replies

• jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I eat anywhere between 25g and 35 g per day. which is VERY low.
  • SamHughes15
    SamHughes15 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I've heard that you judge it not by the amount in the packet say a 40g bag of crisps but in the 100g section. If its below 3 its low fat and if its above 20g per 100g its high fat.
    Hope this helps!
    x
  • SamHughes15
    SamHughes15 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Oh sorry totally misread the question!
    My fat is set to 56g a day which is about 30% of my daily caloires.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Fat should be no more then 30% of your daily calories.

Basic Low Fat Meal Plan
    Here is a traditional low fat eating plan that aims to keep fats to 30% or lower as recommended by the American Heart Association.

http://www.freedieting.com/free_diet_plan.htm
  • Kmacavery
    Kmacavery Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would also suggest monitoring the kind of fat you are having. Your body needs some fats, so make sure they are mono or polyunsaturated fats. These are found in raw nuts, seeds, avocados, etc. :-)
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Low fat diet is 20% of your calories from Fat, generally speaking from "Good Fats" such as those found in nuts, avocados and olives.
  • Coco_puff901
    Coco_puff901 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    When I do low fat, I aim for no more than 25 g per day .... I eat a lot of veggies to stay full and stick to the fat free dairy products.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I keep fat at 20%, which tends to be somewhere between 35-45 gm per day for my calories. Personally I think 30% fat is considered a "moderate fat" diet, while 15-20% fat is considered "low fat". My husband used to be a competitive bodybuilder, and he would get as low as 10% fat during portions of dieting, but that is pretty extreme, and can't be maintained for long.