Scottish Newbie

Options
Hi there,

I'm John, I'm 31 and I live in Glasgow in the U.K with my fiance Lauren and my cat and dog, Dexter and Crookston. I'm currently 302 pounds and have decided that rather than attempting a fad diet, I'm going to tackle the weight loss myself with help from websites like this. Anyway, just wanted to say hi!

John

Replies

• kellyjervis
    Options
    Hello! I'm in Scotland too :)
  • Queen_M
    Queen_M Posts: 70
    Options
    Hey :), I'm in scotland too, feel free to add me if you're looking for some support and a friend! That goes for anyone btw :).
  • stephaneb74
    stephaneb74 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    congratulation on taking th eright decision (not to go with a fad diet) and be healthier.

feel free to add me ;)
  • janecalder
    janecalder Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi I am in Fife this is a great way to lose weight you can eat things you like and still loose weight!!!!!!! Good luck in your journey :smile:
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Considering what the food is like in the UK, I don't understand how anyone can get fat there.
  • alt1268
    alt1268 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I recently restarted my diet and this is the first time I am using support from other MFP members. So far it has been great. Make sure to friend others so they can encourage you and support you during those difficult times.
  • jackiekerr63
    jackiekerr63 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi great to hear from someone in Scotland, i live in fife and have been doing MFP for about 5/6 weeks now. You have joined a very supportive site and i wish you luck on your new path. Jackie
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Considering what the food is like in the UK, I don't understand how anyone can get fat there.

Seriously? We're the home of the deep fried Mars bar! Of course people get fat here!

I'm Scottish too, by the way....just outside of Glasgow. Welcome aboard! :)
  • DoodleDaft
    Options
    Another Scottish MFP member here, I exercise and eat like there's no tomorrow, looking for supportive friends, feel free to add! :-)
  • DOElston
    DOElston Posts: 102
    Options
    All the best to all you Scots out there! Cheers to you from Los Angeles! :)
  • Kelekat
    Kelekat Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    The Isle of Skye is my favorite place on planet Earth.

Just thought I'd randomly add that to the conversation. :bigsmile:
  • lornathewizzard
    lornathewizzard Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm in Ayrshire, welcome and stay strong! Feel free to add me anyone, I'm always happy to help new buddies!
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    scottish here too... hope mfp helps you lots
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    oh and add if u wish :smile:
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm only 1/2 Scottish. I was born in GreenocK, but raised in the States. My Gran and other relatives are all still there.

Feel free to add me. You have come to the right place - wonderful, supportive people here!

Good luck!
  • StirlingJames
    StirlingJames Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm not Scottish (I'm the auld enemy) but I've lived near Stirling for a few years now!

Good luck with your weight loss!
  • azazelrabbit
    Options
    Ah, another Scotsman! Marvellous. I'll add ya ;)
  • lfolkman
    lfolkman Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm a scottish girl born and raised in the U.S. Céad míle fáilte and good luck!!!:happy:
  • clairebear_79
    clairebear_79 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I live in Scotland too (just). I have to say, finding the MFP app for my new phone has made such a difference to my eating. Good luck with your weight loss :)