Semi flat when standing pouch when sitting

Options
Anyone have this issue? When I'm standing I have that little pouch in the tummy or a lower case "b" and while I don't like it, it isn't awful but then when I sit or am driving etc. it turns into a pouch and sticks out. Am I alone here? Does it eventually go away?

Replies

• gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    You are far from alone!
  • o_delaisse
    o_delaisse Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Me too.
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You are far from alone!

I agree! You're far from alone.
  • lisaslim1976
    Options
    Snap...and its so difficult to breath in to hide it when sitting!!! lol
  • sjv1966
    sjv1966 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I think it does go away -- I remember when I lost weight before at some point noticing that when I sat down that blob over my lap no longer appeared. I really can't wait for that day but the pessimistic part of me says that it will be the last thing to go.
  • mrreyes
    mrreyes Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You are far from alone!

yup
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    i heard if you do backwards crunches it will fix that problem.
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    I think it's more of a loose skin problem...
  • serenetranquility
    serenetranquility Posts: 125 Member
    Options

Right?! Haha i could suck it in and pass out and it would still be there when im sitting because " sucking it in" doesnt help at all!

I think whomever commented about the loose skin is on to something. Ive noticed that now moreso than before my 3 nine pound + babies its a problem. My hubby is tall and lean and doesnt have a shred of anything like this. Im jealous :)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I've come to the conclusion that no ones body looks all that great while sitting down. Even my very in shape, low body fat boyfriend has a "pouch" and rolls when he sits down. I think the way we sit kinda pushes everything down.
  • DanielleRN8
    Options

Right?! Haha i could suck it in and pass out and it would still be there when im sitting because " sucking it in" doesnt help at all!

I think whomever commented about the loose skin is on to something. Ive noticed that now moreso than before my 3 nine pound + babies its a problem. My hubby is tall and lean and doesnt have a shred of anything like this. Im jealous :)

I agree with both comments! Mine looks ok standing up but when I sit down or bend over, gross! I don't think mine is fat anymore, I really believe it is excess skin from my pregnancy. I'm hoping since I lost the weight rapidly, the skin will tighten up over time...
  • serenetranquility
    Options
    So glad im not alone! I just wish when i sat down in the car or a chair it would contain itself :)
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Even Marilyn had a roll, don't worry about it.

Marilyn-Monroe.jpg
  • serenetranquility
    Options
    LOVE it! Thanks for the reminder :) I think i just need to stop nit picking my body apart!
  • DanielleRN8
    Options

Marilyn-Monroe.jpg

Nowadays that would be photoshopped out...
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I like that picture a lot. Not everyone is perfect :D

Mine eventually did go away luckily :D
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options

Marilyn-Monroe.jpg

And that is why women feel they can't ever measure up, cause they compare themselves to a picture that isn't even real. This picture is beautiful!!!
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    The little belly roll looks sexy on Marilyn.
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Same here... Grrrrrrrrrrr :sad: LOL
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options

Totally, which is stupid because I don't know ANYONE, who doesn't have a little bit of a roll when sitting, even if it's just skin. It's unrealistic to think that you won't have a roll when sitting, IMHO
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!