Need to Lose about 20lbs

Options
I need to lose about twenty pounds so i can start trying to have another baby. Still need to lose the rest from the first one and he is almost two! Any one who needs a buddy let me know.

Replies

• DennyinCA
    DennyinCA Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    Not sure how to do this, but sure I'd like to be your buddy. I too need to lose 20/25 lbs. We can keep each other on track. I just hope I can figure all this stuff out.
  • corinneal
    corinneal Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about twice that but I am taking it in small steps, 10 lbs at a time. I just lost my first 10! :happy: add me as a friend if you'd like. I will help to encourage and would love to have more encouragment too!
  • DennyinCA
    DennyinCA Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    LOL. My name reads new meat 60, it's supposed to be new me at 60. LOL It sounds pretty crude. I guess I need to change it. I wonder how I do that. Anyway, I am 60, female with 2 grown boy's.
  • alaina06
    Options
    My goal is to lose about 25 more lbs so we are in the right area. Feel free to add me. That goes for anyone who needs someone to help push them. :)
  • jessicabranum
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have never struggled with my weight so this is all new to me. I got married about 10 months ago and with marriage comes those nice little pills (birth control) and with marriage and pills comes weight!! I have gained about 20 pounds!!! I HAVE to get back in shape. Please feel free to add me. I could use the support and friends. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • londonms
    londonms Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you only gained weight because of the pill, exercising and eating less may not help you. I would suggest talking to your doctor first if none of your eating or exercise habits have changed. They may be able to put you on something else. I have heard from multiple friends who have tried everything and can't lose weight but then call their doctor and change prescriptions and lose the weight immediately. It's worth a shot.
  • ninahamdan
    ninahamdan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there.... i need to lose 20lbs too..... Saw a picture of myself at a picnic recently and I just couldnt believe my eyes.... i put on weight easily and find it almost impossible to get it off!! Hope this site can help me stay on track as my biggest problem is sticking to diets.... i just lose motivation when i should be losing lbs!!
  • carlachristinewhite
    Options
    I need to lose 20 lbs til my next weight goals. I would be glad to add any of you who responded to this thread. I'd love to share my diary for those who needs some motivation. I started with MFP 2 weeks ago and lost 4 lbs. without any other aid but eating right and consistent exercise. I would love to extend support to any of you. :)

14765860.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • KMadeline
    Options
    Hi! I'm here to lose about 20 lbs! Lets see how it goes! :)
  • fabwoman
    fabwoman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm back. I need to lose 20 to 25 lbs. This is my second attempt on mfp. Last year i did it for 3 weeks and only lost 4 lbs. I continued for l 6 weeks and nothing happened. I easily got discouraged, and quit. Can anyone tell me what i should not be doing instead of what i should be doing. I feel like i was very diligent in the diary however not much was happening. I recently got into a conversation with my daughter about calories. I feel like a calorie is a calorie, not matter what source its coming from. So for example if I eat a lb of strawberries or a pound of bread, i will gain a pound either way right. Im soo confused and i hate being wrong :) So i guess im wondering if my food decisions are not allowing me to take the weight off. plz help
  • mango444
    mango444 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a 36 year old mom of four kids who hates getting up early to work out...and loves to snack at about 4pm! I set my morning alarm every day with good intentions that just go by hoping tomorrow is better. Well, TODAY IS TOMORROW!!! I want to lose about 20 pounds for starters...anyone want to be my friend and shoulder to cry on as I say NO to the bag of chocolate chips calling my name..... :)
  • jessicabranum
    Options
    Thanks for the post. Actually I spoke with my doctor on Monday and I'm going to try something new. She recommended NuvaRing. I hope this works! Have you heard anything about that in regard to weight gain or loss?
  • mjmyers05
    mjmyers05 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Michelle....looking to lose about 20 lbs. I would love to make new friends on here, give advise etc. I never really stuck to any diet before, but finally working out on top of eating lighter. Hoping this will help motivate me. Good Luck EVERYONE!
  • diaz2012
    diaz2012 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    same thing here,i need to lose 20lbs to get back in shape iam 160 and only 5feet tall, starting off with 20lbs to keep motivated and plus im also a mommy so it takes longer to do things even excercising is hard...im doing the 30DS lost inches happy for that =)
  • NguyenovaA
    Options
    We'll be buddies! I need to lose 25 :)
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I have 21 more lbs to lose so we can be weight loss buddies ; ) Adding u now
  • colie46
    colie46 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 20lbs as well and I feel like it's impossible!
  • Mariecs2012
    Options
    I need to lose 35 so I need some encourgement also you can add me maybe we can do this together. :happy:
  • luckegirl
    Options
    Hi There! I am in the same boat as you.... but last child, he is 2 and 4 months old and have 8lbs to pre preg weight. ugh (but started at 30lbs few months after he was born. I thought it'd just come off like my other two pregnancies, but no such luck!) Then another 10 to get back to "normal" me weight! I have been going through my clothes I used to wear, and that has motivated me a little. Not enough though. lol So far have been doing mfp for two weeks, lots of exercise, and have lost 6 lbs. I am soo impatient and I need to realize that 2 lbs a week is a good thing and not think, Why not more? ha ha Side note about NuvaRing, research it online.... I was on it 6 months, just stopped it a month ago. It did not make me gain any weight, however, I was so fatigued all the time, and I mean all the time. That is so not like me and was making me crazy. So, do some research because there are a lot more side effects than what gyn tells you. Good Luck!