Celebrating 6 weeks of clean eating

Options
So, wow, time really does fly. I can not believe that my life, the way I eat and feel could change so much in such a short period of time. I eat a low calorie clean diet, I have come to realize that I don't have to eat foods that I don't like, I find myself celebrating cooking fresh, having veggies, finding amazing organic produce and it all tastes so unbelievably good! I don't feel like my diet is depriving me of anything - the other way around I now ENJOY all the food that I eat and that's amazing. Every snack I have, all the treats, I have made in my own kitchen, stuffing my freezer full off healthy muffins, cookies and things I love. Preparing salads, and chillies and stirfrys and fresh fruit. Yes, I do spend more time in my kitchen, but I spend LESS time wandering around the store trying to figure out what to eat and preparing semi-processed crappy food. When you become aware of what you eat, it's inevitably so that you change. I had one semi processed meal a while back, and really, it tasted like crap! I was so surprised, the taste was old and salty and.. I missed my fresh red bellpeeppers and dessert cherries. :)

To all of you out there, trying to find your way in the world of health and weight loss and good living, I can highly recommend you to try out a change, get curious about your food, what does it contain? Where was it produced? Get into you kitchen and start cooking things that you love and really enjoy! If you don't like it, nothing lost and you can go back to your old ways.

Oh, maybe you wonder, all that is fine. But did it render any weightless results? Yes, it did, since I have kept a low calorie diet I have lost about 20 lbs. There are tons of ways that you can loose weight, not all of them work for all of us, but learning and taking an intresst in food is not just about lifestyle and weightless, it's about awareness and treating yourself with care. Body and mind.

Replies

• Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    LOVE this and you've had such great results! Real food really is better! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    We did the same. Unlike before going on diets cutting back etc. We cleared out a lot of food that we had and found better substitutes. We feel better then ever and now eating better. Who knew.... We eat really good and healthy and can not believe we did not realize this before..
  • mariannejj108
    Options
    Yey, so good for you guys! I'm just really amazed that it has made such a difference in so many different levels of my life, and I just realized it today! Sitting on the train, having my pre packed AWESOME salad and realizing I was longing to pick ut out of my bag and eat it, I did however forget my water bottle, so I head over to the kiosk on the train, they had all kinds of cinnamon rolls, cheesecakes and I then realized how much that has changed when I didn't even want it! I just grabbed water and headed back to eat my salad. It wasn't a depriving chose I had to say NO to having a treat, I honestly didn't want it! I was, honestly, amazed. And then came to realize what a big change it has been. :)
  • mariannejj108
    Options
    Hah, now I realized it's actually 7 weeks! Anyhow, feels nice. And yes, I do occasionally have treats! You should have, keeps you sane.. =)