Opinions Wanted

Options
Been saving my biggest clothes from when I started this 15 months ago. 60 inch waist jeans and other huge clothes. Reason being, just in case I get pregnant again. Well after trying for almost a year to have a second baby, I think it is time to give up the clothes and keep focused on losing and not having to go back to the fat clothes. I just didn't want to have to spend more money if I got pregnant while I'm sill this big. So should I do it and to what sizes bigger than I am should I keep?

Replies

• Emporor_Augustus
    Options
    My opinion would be to keep a few choice items that you like, put them in a box marked "fat clothes" and put them away in a closet or storage unit. It feels so good and motivating to know that you are past that stage. And if the cause of going back to them is because of pregnancy, that's totally justified.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options
    Get rid of all but a couple in the next-size up from where you are now.

Nothing motivates me more than having nothing to wear.
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I am keeping the bigger size clothes as maternity clothes for our 2nd child as well. I say keep them unless they are way, way too big for you. Mine are only a size bigger than what I am now so I am sure I will be able to use them during the next pregnancy.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    ya I think emporor has it right, if you hang on to too much it is not good for you mentally. you can always shop at goodwill or consignment shops or garage sales. goodwill has dollar day on thursdays. like yesterday the orange tags were a dollar. i got a new tank for the gym, some shorts and some other stuff all each for a buck. and like you i didnt want to buy a ton of stuff while still losing. i love that place. got my costume for the con for this coming weekend for two dollars! cant beat that!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Web MD says 25-35 lbs for pregnancy...
    http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/healthy-weight-gain

At 10 lb a size That sounds like 3 or 4 sizes up.

Edit...
    Okay the ship has sailed for me as far as baby's go.... but this is kinda cool
    http://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy-weight-gain-estimator
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Betcha get preggers right after you give away everything. :)

Good luck and congrats, losing that weight is a big friggin deal. :flowerforyou:
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    ya I think emporor has it right, if you hang on to too much it is not good for you mentally. you can always shop at goodwill or consignment shops or garage sales. goodwill has dollar day on thursdays. like yesterday the orange tags were a dollar. i got a new tank for the gym, some shorts and some other stuff all each for a buck. and like you i didnt want to buy a ton of stuff while still losing. i love that place. got my costume for the con for this coming weekend for two dollars! cant beat that!

Yup yup! Go to the thrift!!!!! I love it there.
  • jennkess
    jennkess Posts: 86
    Options
    keep 1 pair of your largest size for a great photo op- OMG moment when you are smaller. other than that get them out of your closet- :tongue: you have a new body don't hold a bunch of clothes that you could "fall back" on.

and I totally agree with Annabellj- I started in a size 16- and am just about to embark on the size 12... if it weren't for good will and consignment shops I would be broke!
  • jessashcher
    jessashcher Posts: 155
    Options
    I am like someone else on here that posted, I love thrift stores and yard sales and you can always find great deals at them. I wouldn't hang on to your fat clothes, cause that's just what they are. Besides, when you get down to the weight you want and if you get pregnant, those old clothes may still be too big for you.
  • rkpixler
    rkpixler Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The best sure fire way to get pregnant again is to get rid of all your baby stuff! It happened to one of my best friends and I laughed at her forever about it. She was already pregnant when she gave it away and didn't know it. Then about 5 years later the same thing happened to me. Gave all my baby stuff to my husbands cousin and found out a week later I was pregnant. Unfortunately i ended up losing it, but I guess that is how the dice rolls sometimes.