Fiber One Bars???

2»

Replies

• byHisgrace
    byHisgrace Posts: 175
    I JUST returned from talking to my doctor about this very issue and my 15 year old, who is obessed with fiber. He said water, water, water and a slow build up. My dd had went from not keeping track to trying to get 40 g per day!!! Crazy girl! She didn't tell me until after the damage was done. Our doctor said a gradual increas and LOTS of water, which is pretty much what everyone else is saying. Hope this helps. I personally don't eat processed stuff, so I have never had one but giving these to my teenagers is better than them grabbing something at the gas station on the way to the gym, which is what they do because everything has to be "fast".
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Fiber One Bars do the exact same thing to me too. I find that instead of the fiber bars etc two teaspoons of benefiber in my morning tea gets things moving everytime :happy: That or a Starbucks hot chocolate with skim milk and no whip :laugh:
  • ruthleff
    ruthleff Posts: 2
    They have made me gassy too. I like Balance Bars or Cliff Organic bars. They seem to give me a lot of energy.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    They did that to me for about a month when I first started eating them! Of course, it gradually decreased over that month... then it was gone all together and I LOVE Fiber One bars!! They *really* help in that area. :blushing: :laugh: Not to mention they make you feel full and they're very yummy!! Once your irritable belly calms down, try eating one a day for a month and it'll stop! :flowerforyou:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    I got gassy when I first tried them but it went away. It's just an adjustment because I'm sure I wasn't getting as much fiber as before.

But now I'm fine.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    I eat one every day. I peeked at your food diary and see you've been eating 2 a day. That may be way too much fiber too fast for you. I never have problems but I always eat alot of fiber. You have to ease in to upping your fiber grams daily . Good luck- Cindy :heart:

just a question...how do you peek at someones food diary??

some people have their diaries set to public. Its an option under some tab on the homepage.
    to see it, you click on the person's profile. it their diary is set to public, it will be one of the green buttons. mine's public so you can look to see what i'm talking about.
This discussion has been closed.