NSV - Jumping Jacks

Options
glittermouse
glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
Last night, as part of a team challenge, I did 50 jumping jacks. I HATE jumping jacks and have previously complained about how much it hurts my buddha belly. Since starting Insanity, my knees are hurting. But I got 'em done.

I was really surprised by how much my fitness level has improved. I was ready to do ten sets of five jacks. Instead, I got 'em knocked out in two sets of twenty-five. I had no idea I could do 25 jumping jacks in a row. I've been scared to do them, but now? Bring it on!!
~GlitterMouse

Replies

• NeloBelo
    NeloBelo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow! Keep it up! Before you know it, you will start doing 50 at a stretch!!! Go team 10!
  • glittermouse
    Options
    Thanks! Ima do Team 10 proud!!!
  • jennadelane
    jennadelane Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I love the feeling of knowing my abilities are improving too! I'm so jealous though, I really want to try Insanity but I've been waiting for the Amazon price to dip below $100!
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    According to my HRM, my heart rate was 87% after I finished the 50 jumping jacks (all at once)! I think I will continue to do the 50 jumping jacks EVERYDAY!
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Congrats that is AWESOME! I used to HATE jumping jacks myself...but I noticed how well they increase my heart rate I like to throw them in here and there! Do them everyday now!
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Losing weight makes you feel: EMPOWERED. :happy:

Keep it up!!
  • glittermouse
    Options
    Congrats! I love the feeling of knowing my abilities are improving too! I'm so jealous though, I really want to try Insanity but I've been waiting for the Amazon price to dip below $100!

I know what you mean: the cost was a big deterrent for a long time. I eventually went for it because you don't need equipment and I found out the cost of a local gym and realized that Insanity was better for my situation. Still took me a few minutes to work up the nerve to click the "add to cart" button, though!! I did see a few on eBay, but the are just a stone's throw from $100. The cheapest I found was around $87. Not sure if that helps, but wanted to mention it.
  • glittermouse
    Options
    According to my HRM, my heart rate was 87% after I finished the 50 jumping jacks (all at once)! I think I will continue to do the 50 jumping jacks EVERYDAY!
    Congrats that is AWESOME! I used to HATE jumping jacks myself...but I noticed how well they increase my heart rate I like to throw them in here and there! Do them everyday now!

Me, too! I was thinking of making sure I do a minimum of 50 jumping jacks with all of my routines because it does take my heart rate up right where it needs to be pretty quickly.
  • glittermouse
    Options
    Losing weight makes you feel: EMPOWERED. :happy:

Keep it up!!

Yes it does!
    Thanks!!! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!