slow weight loss

Options
shawnadwyer
shawnadwyer Posts: 49 Member
hi all I have a few questions hope some one can help me out..I have been doing mfp pal now for about 65 days, i currently and losing between a 1-1.5 pds a week, which i know is healthy. However i eat pretty decent and usually have good works. I see a lot of people that have pretty big numbers for weight loss starting at the same weight and time as i did. I have lost in inches but i just feel like i should be losing more. My diary is open so if anyone could look at it and help me out i would greatly appericate it. (march 14th was my birthday so calories are high) thanks peeps

I added this to the wrong forum, i didn't know how to remove it

Replies

• serenetranquility
    serenetranquility Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    First, i think those numbers are great and you really shouldnt try to lose much more than that a week but i peeked at your diary and have you considered eating more? Looks to me like youre having way too many leftover calories from a quick glance. You need to fuel your body so it can work for you :)
  • sxyfitmomandwife
    sxyfitmomandwife Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Comparing yourself to people is going to drive you crazy!! You are doing great. I know that 1-2 lbs a week seems slow but it takes hours and lots of calories to burn the big numbers. when I was working for 5lbs lost a week I had to burn 3000 cals a day and it took hours time that I don't have now that I have a job and four kids. it only lsted about 6 weeks. You did a lot of cardio today add some resistence. Good Luck
  • TracyM191
    TracyM191 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You seem to be working out quite a bit. You may be gaining muscle. Don't worry about what the scale says, how do you feel?
  • shawnadwyer
    Options
    You seem to be working out quite a bit. You may be gaining muscle. Don't worry about what the scale says, how do you feel?

im feeling pretty good i have more energy now than every,
  • shawnadwyer
    Options
    First, i think those numbers are great and you really shouldnt try to lose much more than that a week but i peeked at your diary and have you considered eating more? Looks to me like youre having way too many leftover calories from a quick glance. You need to fuel your body so it can work for you :)

i usually don't eat back all my calories because i go by calories burned from the machines and mfp i am not to sure how accurate they are so i try to keep the numbers in my total calories, and try not to worry about my net, should i worry about the net calories at this point?
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    You're doing very well. Don't compare yourself or your weight loss to someone else. You are losing weight in a healthy manner - which means it will likely be far more sustainable long term. You're doing great! Don't focus on someone else's weight loss!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Don't compare yourself to others, everybody's bodies are different.

I've been here for 115 days and even when I put my goal at 1lb a week loss I still only lose .5 a week at the most. But it all adds up. Slow and steady wins the race. You are doing everything right, just keep going.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    don't feel bad, I've only lost 14 pounds in the past 65 days. I feel better, but I feel like I should be loosing faster too.
  • serenetranquility
    Options
    I would pay some mind to your net,yes. It looks like your working out a fair amount but not refueliing your body for the amount of work youre putting in. Judging from your diary you seem to be scraping by on tbe bare minimums and that works for a while but you'll play out sooner or later. Are you hungry throughout the day?
  • shawnadwyer
    Options
    I would pay some mind to your net,yes. It looks like your working out a fair amount but not refueliing your body for the amount of work youre putting in. Judging from your diary you seem to be scraping by on tbe bare minimums and that works for a while but you'll play out sooner or later. Are you hungry throughout the day?

no i find when i have big workouts im not very hungry afterwards it culd be because i drink so much water. I just find it hard to get all the calories in i was looking for more dense calorie food but im not to sure what they are. However on days where im not exercising i find it easier to get all the cals in. any suggestions
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I would say you need to eat more. Somes days you're way under where you should be. Also, there needs to be more lean proteins ,veggies, and whole grains. And everyday start with a big healthy breakfast, this is fuel to wake up the body to start burning fat. Be sure to drink at least 8 glasses of water each day. Hope this helps, good luck!!!
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options

no i find when i have big workouts im not very hungry afterwards it culd be because i drink so much water. I just find it hard to get all the calories in i was looking for more dense calorie food but im not to sure what they are. However on days where im not exercising i find it easier to get all the cals in. any suggestions

Use a tablespoon of p-nut butter, handful of nuts, or a tsp of a healthy oil on your salad to bump up the calories without getting that too full feeling.
  • entropy83
    entropy83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Ditto don't compare. I few suggestions- you should try to aim for at least 5 fruits or veggies a day. I didn't see multiple servings of veggies or fruits only one or two. I saw you had broccoli, cauliflower, and blueberries but not much more. Broccoli is awesome and my fave so try doing that. It seems like your diet also might be heavy on sodium as is mine but you might want to track that. I don't think sodium would kill your weight loss but it could make you retain a bit of water. Also, I use a digital food scale so tracking portion size is exact as can be.
  • shawnadwyer
    Options
    :smile: :smile:
    I would say you need to eat more. Somes days you're way under where you should be. Also, there needs to be more lean proteins ,veggies, and whole grains. And everyday start with a big healthy breakfast, this is fuel to wake up the body to start burning fat. Be sure to drink at least 8 glasses of water each day. Hope this helps, good luck!!!

thanks i am a big chicken person lol, and sometimes feel like part of a the fish family because of how much water i drink. you are deff right i should be including more veggies i didn't even realize it until it was pointed out
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Don't compare yourself to others, everybody's bodies are different.

I've been here for 115 days and even when I put my goal at 1lb a week loss I still only lose .5 a week at the most. But it all adds up. Slow and steady wins the race. You are doing everything right, just keep going.

CONCUR!
  • shawnadwyer
    Options
    Ditto don't compare. I few suggestions- you should try to aim for at least 5 fruits or veggies a day. I didn't see multiple servings of veggies or fruits only one or two. I saw you had broccoli, cauliflower, and blueberries but not much more. Broccoli is awesome and my fave so try doing that. It seems like your diet also might be heavy on sodium as is mine but you might want to track that. I don't think sodium would kill your weight loss but it could make you retain a bit of water. Also, I use a digital food scale so tracking portion size is exact as can be.

i keep my sodium most days where it should be, your are right though on days where i consume more sodium i can deff feel it on my face when i am sweating and i can taste it to (i know that sounds gross lol) i have a digital food scale as well i love it, between mfp and the scale it helps me portion my food. thanks for the great advice
  • serenetranquility
    Options
    Oatmeal is great and you can add lots of different things to it to change it around. I agree, more veggies. How about hard boiled eggs? I think ( and im guessing not knowing you ) but youre drinking a lot of water and your giving yourself the illusion that your full or not hungry after working out due to this when your body could really use the food. I would try eating more througout the day and see how it goes just from a health standpoint because i think your loss each week right now is great and i wouldnt try to push that any higher.
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I agree you are doing great. If you keep losing at this rate, you will reach your goal in less than a year. This is a journey. Be patient. As long as the scale keeps going down, you are on the right track.
  • slasherkitty0515
    Options
    I am too losing my weight very slowly and am not very fond of that i feel defeated most days because i want to be thinner. but keep up the good work!
  • chicpeach
    chicpeach Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I took a quick peek at your diary and noticed that you eat a lot of prepackaged/processed foods which tend to be high in sodium. You may want to adjust your food settings to monitor your sodium levels. You shouldn't be consuming more than 2500 on any given day. Sodium makes you retain water and therefore, you retain weight. The lower you can keep your sodium intake, the better for your health and your weight loss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!