Muscle Milk

Options
I'm about to order a tub of Muscle Milk Light chocolate flavored powder to mix in with my almond milk. I've never taken anything for protein before but since I'm a vegetarian and lactose intolerant, I thought this would be a good 150cal addition to my breakfast.

Has anyone taken this? Does it taste okay? Is there something better I could be getting?

Replies

• Cathleenr
    Cathleenr Posts: 332
    Options
    I about to ordered a tub of Muscle Milk Light chocolate flavored powder to mix in with my almond milk. I've never taken anything for protein before but since I'm a vegetarian and lactose intolerant, I thought this would be a good 150cal addition to my breakfast.

Has anyone taken this? Does it taste okay? Is there something better I could be getting?

eh, it's OK. I've had the chocolate premixed and as long as its cold, its doable. It comes in handy little 8-ounce boxes, so its good in my locker as a backup. The vanilla is awful :/
    A much better product if you are looking at powdered stuff and have a GNC or Rite-Aid pharmacy near you is AMB Whetbolicc 60. Very delish flavors. :D:D:D
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    The fat content is somewhat high in MM. That same fat content makes it very yummy.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    if you are lactose intolerant, your best bet is to make sure whatever protein powder you buy contains "whey protein ISOLATE" since it is the purest form of protein. Whey protein CONCENTRATE is only 75-85% pure, so it *may* cause stomach upset if you are sensitive to lactose.
  • ahoesing
    ahoesing Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your input! I think I will go talk to someone at GNC about the whey protein issue and intolerance- I had no idea it was that specific.
  • trinitrate
    trinitrate Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Can't speak to the lactose sensativity, but if you want a good Vanilla, the Sprouts house brand "Show me the Whey" (Yes, very cheesy name) is very tasty... I mix it with 75% water 25% milk + a few ice cubes and it still comes out pretty tasty.. Im sure it would work well with almond milk too, but I dont think its Whey Isolate so your milage may vary....
  • rcramer7
    rcramer7 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Uh...it's made of milk byproduct and the byproduct of manufacturing cheese (as is whey). If you can tolerate that being lactose intolerable you should save your money and just but WHEY Protien.

If you can't tolerate much or any lactose you should try SOY protien powder.

Muscle Milk has a lot of calories and fat.
    Whey is low calories and fat.

I just noticed you said GNC...I use "ON 100% Whey" I buy it from GNC when it's on sale. 5lbs for $50. If it's not on sale I buy it on-line for that price.