new at this

Options
hi im jessica im the mom too 2 beaitful little girls. ii would like to lose like 20 to 25 bounds. im 170 as of now but you like to possable get back down to 140 or so. im not the most motivated person, and i am by far the worst eatting person. i cant eat veggies or really anything healthy. i can eat some fruit and stuff like that. idk how i will be able to lose what i want if i cant eat right, but hopeing yo get some help here. add me as a friend if you want. hope everyone has a great night.

Replies

• LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site
    1? why can't you eat veggies or anything healthy ? cost, dislike , ??
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I am a vegeatarian so if I didn't eat fruit or veggies I have no idea what I would eat......love to eat healthy, do it for awhile and you will be addicted.
  • mommyof22012
    Options
    everysince i was a little kid my stomich cant tolorate them, i try and it makes me throw up. its not that they taste bad or anything, i just littaraly can not eat them it sucks. i know some may think its weird but its bad.i can eat very fuw, like potatos, green beans, corn, kidney beans, but other then that nothing. i try every once in a while to venture out, and well same ol song and dance
  • SandyPianoGirl
    Options
    Hi there, I'm Sandy:) Once you make small changes to your diet, you'll become used to it, it's just gonna take a while. Just google up "How to make healthy foods taste good" and I'm sure you'll get a lot of recipes on there. I also love the "Cooking Light" magazine, and "Yoga journal" because they've got some really great recipes in there. If you truly want to be 140, you'll get there! You know, one great meal with vegetables is Stuffed Peppers, and it's pretty healthy. I personally use turkey for the meat, but you can use beef.
    This site has really helped me, and I'm sure it's gonna help you too.
    I sent a friend request.
    Good Night:)
  • Happymom12
    Happymom12 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm not the healthiest eater at all but since being on this site I have just watched the amount I was eating. Still eating fast food and sweets. I am drinking a lot more water and exercising more and I have done pretty well I think. In a month I have lost over 8 lbs and over 4 1/2 inches. You can go look at my food diaries if you want to see that I'm not really dieting. You can never have to many friends add me if you would like.
  • SandyPianoGirl
    Options
    everysince i was a little kid my stomich cant tolorate them, i try and it makes me throw up. its not that they taste bad or anything, i just littaraly can not eat them it sucks. i know some may think its weird but its bad.i can eat very fuw, like potatos, green beans, corn, kidney beans, but other then that nothing. i try every once in a while to venture out, and well same ol song and dance
    Huh, that's strange. Well if you can't tolerate them, than you can't tolerate them. There's plenty of other healthy ways of cooking. I plan on posting some healthy recipes on here within the next week:)
  • MrsHumphrey2010
    Options
    welcome to the site jess you can do it!! :D
  • packersfn7
    packersfn7 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Would it make a difference if the vegetables were pureed? I know some people have problems tolerating vegetables whole.

In any case, weight loss is about calories in, calories out. Make sure you're taking a multivitamin and eating as much healthy food as you can!
  • hdrider8968
    Options
    Tried juicing?
  • Peppychristian
    Peppychristian Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You would be surprise what just portion control, exercise, and healthier cooking methods will do. Stay true to your food and exercise diary and you will lose weight. There is a great group of people on here to cheer you on.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I was raised up on a meat and potato kind of diet, with lots of sweets for dessert. My folks never made me eat veggies or fruits. I have tried stuff that I've never had before that are basics, like oranges, I never ate an orange until my early 20's, granted I didn't like it, it was just a texture thing. What works for me is juice! I love V8 fusion, and count it in with my calorie intake for the day. I also a multivitamin, and just try and make it as healthy as possible.