Frozen Grapes perfect sweet fix.

Options
missp2101
missp2101 Posts: 21
freeze grapes on a tray
It may sound a little weird but trust me it is a fantastic low calorie sweet alternative.

Please let me know what you think..
Steph

Replies

• eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    yum!! sounds good!
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I've done this a couple of times.......very yummy.
  • Faybobs
    Faybobs Posts: 4
    Options
    I used to do this as a kid! My Mum would shout at me because i would hide the entire pack in the freezer the second she bought them, and my brother didnt like them frozen!
  • yportia
    yportia Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I do this and love them - just make sure they are seedless. I wash them - pick them off the stem and put them in freezer zip lock bags - maybe 20 or so for each bag. Take them out and pop them one at a time - like candy - tastes just like biting into a Popsicle. I've found that green ones get the hardest and are not as sweet as the darker ones – red or black. So far I think the black ones are the best.
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Definitely going to try this. I have started freezing yogurt. Fools my brain into thinking I am eating ice cream.
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I first had these at a spa while soaking in some super hot mineral water bath thing. The grapes were red and round and frozen goodness and just the perfect addition. I look forward to them each time I go there (like maybe once a year if I'm lucky!)

So now I freeze them at home...and bing cherries. Now THOSE are a frozen delight!
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Question...

Do you bite into them or eat the whole thing?
  • missp2101
    Options
    the best thing is you do both wait till its nearly defrosted and then bite it..
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    We freeze grapes and take them to the theme parks so refreshing on a hot humid day, eat them while waiting in line for the ride.
  • babs81
    babs81 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Definitely going to try this. I have started freezing yogurt. Fools my brain into thinking I am eating ice cream.
    Wow never thought to freeze yogurt and I love ice-cream going to try this
  • babs81
    babs81 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sounds good think I will try this 2
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    freeze grapes on a tray
    It may sound a little weird but trust me it is a fantastic low calorie sweet alternative.

Steph

I do this with pitted fresh cherries when they are in season ... they I get to enjoy them even longer :) I also do this with bananas for smoothies - flavorful alternative to ice cubes.
  • missp2101
    Options
    I freeze homemade smoothies and make into icecream really nice.

a couple I do regular.

Banana
    Raspberries
    Skimmed milk

Banana
    2 x weight watchers toffee yoghurts
    skmmed milk (optional)
  • Icedancer94
    Icedancer94 Posts: 108
    Options
    I have these all the time!!
  • spskinny
    spskinny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Totally agree!! Use to live in a city with 110+ summers. We would freeze white grapes in zip-locks. They actually taste sweeter frozen. I mix it up my adding frozen blueberries in too.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    freeze grapes on a tray

Steph

Been eating them for years. Yes - fantastic! Being frozen, it slows you down in eating them, and a wee handful really is good for hunger.
  • Stacyd73
    Stacyd73 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • labarnett3
    labarnett3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    After you wash them try sprinkling sugar free raspberry jello on them and then freeze. They are really good that way too!
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I want to try this!!