Oops!...

Options
I've stayed very motivated for a month, but yesterday I was in a bad mood and ended up eating most of a family sized bag of maltesers (was only gonna have 4 or 5). Now while I appreciate it's only 500 cals which I could make up for today I feel very annoyed witrh myself. Not to mention I weighed myself this morning and scales went up by almost 1lb. Gotta be mostly water but grrrr! Not gonna let it get me down and I'll get back on track today but it just made me realise how easy it would be to slip back into my old ways. Also getting me down is the fact that I've lost and regained the same pound for about 3 weeks now since eating more, just wanna see slightly better results to keep me motivated.

Replies

• Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    This can and will happen, learning how to just accept it and keep on track is a big part of the process.

Some things to keep in mind.

Yep, its just going to be water

You probably didn't even hit maintenance with those extra 500

Measure, don't just weight, the scales suck as an indicator of progress, numbers don't look healthy, your shape is what does that.

The fact that a family bag of maltesers has even registered with you as too much is a good sign the "old ways" are still behind you.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    definitely know how you feel!! are you exercising at all right now?
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day! :D You can do it!
  • josephine_x
    josephine_x Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    definitely know how you feel!! are you exercising at all right now?
    I didn't exercise yesterday as my knees hurt from doing 30 day shred, only did one day but might stop as my knees aren't the best anyway. In fact yesterday apart from looking after my one year old I had an extemely lazy sedentary day which I think is what put me in a grump in the first place!! I usually take the dog for a good walk, fast as I can manage while pushing the pushchair and have very recently started picking up my sons weights which I'm enjoying. Dogs gonna love me today, 500 cals = a long walk!!
  • BazAbroad
    BazAbroad Posts: 248
    Options
    Push come to shove, think what u ate was a pretty good alternative to the rubbish you really could of fell back onto and ate.
    Look on the bright side, the odd treat does wonders for the mind.
    We train so we can have the odd treat without worrying,,,
    keep going,
    your doing great.
  • WorkoutMaine
    Options
    I posted this to my friends today. Maybe it will help.
    Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still. What we are doing here takes time. Don't get discouraged if you aren't running full tilt. You will get there. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and if you stumble backwards get up and keep going. It is when we fall and sit back crying about it that we fail. When we force ourselves up and keep going we succeed even if it takes longer than we hoped.
  • josephine_x
    Options
    I posted this to my friends today. Maybe it will help.
    Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still. What we are doing here takes time. Don't get discouraged if you aren't running full tilt. You will get there. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and if you stumble backwards get up and keep going. It is when we fall and sit back crying about it that we fail. When we force ourselves up and keep going we succeed even if it takes longer than we hoped.
    Thanks!! Just wanna see some results!! I've got a wedding dress to fit into by July!!
  • josephine_x
    Options
    Ok, I'm off out for my walk, it's raining and I don't want to but I know i'll feel better for it!!
  • KarenC1933
    KarenC1933 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for this quote. It was inspiring.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I've stayed very motivated for a month, but yesterday I was in a bad mood and ended up eating most of a family sized bag of maltesers (was only gonna have 4 or 5). Now while I appreciate it's only 500 cals which I could make up for today I feel very annoyed witrh myself. Not to mention I weighed myself this morning and scales went up by almost 1lb. Gotta be mostly water but grrrr! Not gonna let it get me down and I'll get back on track today but it just made me realise how easy it would be to slip back into my old ways. Also getting me down is the fact that I've lost and regained the same pound for about 3 weeks now since eating more, just wanna see slightly better results to keep me motivated.

Be reallistic about your weights. i vaccilate 2 kg (4 lb) during the month. How about you?

you hurt your knee. That will cause water retention around the injury. You didn't go for your walk, that will leave food in your gut that otherwise might have passed.

You have to be realistic. And be a little kind to yourself! :) Trust in the maths, man. If you are eating 500 cals a day under your maintenance, then you will lose 1/b fat per week, and that's all there is to it. Water and such will come and go. Don't let it trick you.

PS: I ate 200g of humus yesterday, that was 500cals. And I put on 1 kg. Heh. I am waiting to see what happens when it's all been processed through my innards.