Starting this , for the 4th time.

Options
Wow!

This is getting to be a really bad habit!

I have started and stopped soooo many times!

But now, at my absolute heaviest, I NEED to do something.

This is how it is:

I'm female.
I'm 5'6.
I'm 19.
I'm 290 lbs.
I'm size 24 jeans.

Now, I want this to look like:

I'm female.
I'm 5'6.
I'm 20.
I'm 145 lbs.
I'm size 9 jeans.

It's going to take a lot of work, but I will do it.

I work 3 jobs, and babysit.. so HOPEFULLY I will be able to stick to it, but I'm going at it 250%!

I've been heavy my whole life, but thats no real excuse. When I was 13 I stopped really eating, and lost weight, but gained it all back in high school when I ate again. I have more back and leg and knee problems then any 19 year old I know, and it's all mostly from my weight.

I think I use to be to unmotivated so quick with no results,
but If I lose 1 pound, it's 1 pound less then I was, and I will aim for that next pound!

HERES TO STARTING, AND THIS TIME FINISHING!

FEEL FREE TO ADD AS A FRIEND OR MESSAGE ME :)

or post your own little story!

Replies

• ThatCindyGirl
    Options
    I read something on someone's profile that says "If you never start, you can never finish"! I have just a little more than you to lose but would love to join you on your journey. Feel free to add me if you like!! :) and good luck to you!!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    2 words....Don't Quit

Okay, techincally 2.5 since one is a conjugation....but you get the point
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Good on you. :D

I'm going to rant about my diet again now... but it's so convenient!

I have these two bars I get to eat for breakfast and lunch, so I can have them anywhere and any time. They don't take up much space and they don't require any real effort getting them into my purse.

and then I have lots of veges for dinner, with a light meal, at a time of day when i can be bothered with the fuss of organising it.

You work three jobs, so getting nutrition will be difficult. Without getting nutrition you get cravings. These bars I'm buying, they're called 'optifast' and I believe one is supposed to go on a fast with them, but I'm using them my way, as a kind of calorie free base line nutrition item while I'm too busy to plan flash pretty lunches and carry around home-made salads...

I'm getting them on line at an internet pharmacy for about NZ$23 for six, So that's sort of fifty dollars a week, but dinners being mostly vegetables are proving really cheap so I think it's worth it.

The key to me keeping with a diet for more than a week (I kid you not, I have stopped and started more times than a grandfather clock) has been to find something that kills cravings and is easy, and does not taste horrific or give me evil headaches. :D Heh.

Anyway however you want to do it, - good on you. :) You are young, and have a life to live, and you only get one shot. Oh boy, if I could have a do-over, what I would do....
  • Robbie32
    Robbie32 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    If you weren't trying so hard you may even be heavier. Don't stop trying no matter how many times you fall. Your obviously serious about this issue, small steps for some work the best but you do what is in your heart. As long as its healthy.
  • somalysok
    Options
    Hey, that's good that your back on it , some people just completely give up on themselves . I've stopped twice myself , it's hard but you gotta keep pushing yourself . Oh and it's good to eat , as long as you eat healthy or count calories . good luck girly !

I use to be really small in the beginning of my high school year 120-130 but later on when I got to my jr and senior year I gained alot of weight from eating alot of fast food at lunch lol .
    I was 168 pounds ( im 5'1) untill last year in october when I started working out at home , I ate less too and lots of fruits . The only time there was ever healthy food was home so I guess I didn't go out to eat anymore . Anyways .. While I watched tv I would walk and do small jogs in place for 90 minute then I would do all different kind of ab workout , squats, push ups .. Ect. Later I started jogging around my neighboorhood . After about 2 months I went from 168 to 146 pounds and for some reason I stopped excercising . I guess because I was to busy hanging out with friends and was to lazy too .

I now weight 173 pounds i wear a size 11 in jeans and I want to be 120 , possibly a size 5 . For my height I'm suppose to be atlease 120-125 pounds according to the BMI chart :) but yeah I joined 24 hour fitness and I'm trying to go everyday . I do 30 min elliptical trainer and 30 min treadmill , 30 min strengthening . Trying to eat healthy . I've been getting into doing the ballerina diet .
    If you don't know what that is . It's when you eat 5 meals a day but small amount like about the size of your hand . Unless your hands are really small then idk . I usually use this medium bowl I have at home to eat my meals in .

I'm going to be doing a weight-in ; in about 2 weeks . See how far I gotten ! I wish everyone luck , you can do it !! don't quit :)
  • NicholeRobb
    NicholeRobb Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    This is my first time on mfp, but I am starting to find more support than I ever did when I was trying to go it alone. No one can really "get it" if they've never been where we are. I've started & stopped so many times in my life it's crazy. But I'm 35 now, 5'4 & 260 pounds. I'm tired of being heavy. And with the plus sizes slowly becoming a smaller section at the stores, I really don't wanna have to walk around naked or in sweats all the time. We are beautiful regardless of size, but to feel sexy all the time would be nice :P. Even the smallest accomplishment towards ur goal is a success. Even if I don't lose any weight when I do my weigh in I'll still feel good because I took the steps to meet my ultimate goal & that's what matters. Feel free to add me if you like!
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm still here for you my friend. You CAN do this. Do you have a time during the week when you can do some advanced food planning? I'm thinking packaging small bags of foods that you like and are good for you with the calorie counts easy to figure and keep track of so that in the morning you can through 4 or 5 of them in your bag including some main protein. This might keep you from being tempted to purchase fast processed food because of the time shortage.