Worried, worried, worried

Options
All I keep thinking about is...will I have loose skin:ohwell: I have only lost a total of 25lbs since I started in May! I want to lose about 50 -70 more pounds! All I drink is water, I walk on the treadmill Monday thru Saturday and do weight lifting/toning on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays! Has anyone on here lost a considerable amount of weight without hanging saggy skin? I need all the input I can get:cry:

Replies

• Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    I have lost 45 and so far no sagging skin then again I have 40lbs to go so I hope now oh God noooooooooooooo:sad:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i know i may be wrong, but i think that as long as you are eating healthier WITH exercising consistently that it should tone you up
  • Tinker73
    Tinker73 Posts: 45
    Options
    I have lost a total of 89 lbs and have some hanging skin.But depends on your age if your skin bounces back at all.I have what they call " batwings" under my arms and a loose stomach and inner thighs.Toning and weghtlifting will help you.You look young as well so I wouldn't worry to much :flowerforyou:
  • candacepainter
    Options
    I'm 24 and have had one child. I'm just hoping and praying:ohwell:
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't complain, there are worse things in life. Love your body for what it is like for now. At least you are healthy and not so overweight that it is affecting your life, health wise :)
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I've lost 66 and my skin is baggier than I would like but very much better than being fat!
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi Candace.
    First, you're young, so you have that on your side. Also, losing weight slow and steady seems to help keep sagging skin from happening. I think the main thing is to try to eat as healthy as possible to ensure you're getting all the nutrients your body needs. Good luck! It's great to see you here! J
  • candacepainter
    Options
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 60 over the course of 7 months, and my skin has taken up nicely. I'm 42 years old.

You're young, your skin is practically spandex. You'll be fine.
  • candacepainter
    Options
    Thanks...that really helps:smooched:
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    It's perfectly understandable that you'd be worried about this...but think about your heart, your joints, your blood vessels, your other organs, and your energy level. All of those are going to be WAY BETTER with those pounds lost!
    You're exercising and you're young. You're definitely doing the BEST thing at the BEST time of your life. I'm real happy for you and hope your proud of yourself. Let yourself enjoy your success. Work at not being afraid or you might miss all the GOOD stuff happening around you. :wink:
    I think it was smart of you to post your question, too. Good for you!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I've lost 41 and I have no loose skin. I think it's all about doing it slowly (the skin has time to shrink along with the fat going away when you lose gradually) exercising and toning. Of course how much you have to lose depends on it too....someone who loses 100 pounds or more is likely to have more sagging skin than someone who had 20 to lose.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Even with saggy skin, you'll still look better than being 70 lb. overweight!

I look like a shar pei some days but other days I don't look too bad. I know that your skin will continue to shrink even after you stop losing weight so I'm hopeful that I won't need plastic surgery at the end. But I am in my 50s and have two kids and yo-yo dieted all my life so I think some loose skin is inevitable.

Also, I have muscle separation and a panus from having my kids and that isn't going to go away, no matter what.
  • injuneer81
    injuneer81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    being 24 your skin is very elastic. That is why you don't have wrinkles and us older farts do.

You should have no problem. Go get skinny

But think of the benefits of having saggy skin. You could jump from a cliff and glide thru the air like a flying squirrel
  • candacepainter
    Options
    :laugh: Thanks for all the advice!
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    My advice is to drink lots and lots of water and use skin lotion on a regular basis. The lotion can be any lotion. The rubbing it in is what is good for your skin. Cindy :heart:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water, and don't focus on losing weight fast. If you lose the weight at a slow, steady pace the skin will naturally shrink to accomidate. I believe cocoa butter will help reduce any stretch marks that may develop if that is a potential problem (I know for me my sides and arms make me look like I left a burn ward, I wish I'd known about the cocoa butter thing when I was younger :frown: )