do you reward yourself?

Options
ebony__
ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
how do you or what do you reward yourself with for acheiving your goals, big and small??

:smile:

Replies

• klynn81
    klynn81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    -42lbs and I just rewarded myself by ordering the Polar FT4. So yeah, I reward myself.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    I reward myself everyday by being able to eat what I wish.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    it usually ends up in the form of super cute clothes!
  • ebony__
    Options
    it usually ends up in the form of super cute clothes!

yep, im setting myself some rewards for different goals if i lose 5 kgs im going to get a massage, if i lose 10 im going to buy a new dress ( and probably wear it out somewhere and have some wine) and maybe some shoes :p if i lose 15 kgs. im going to call some one i miss, and if i lose my full goal of 20kg (and save enough) i want to go on a holiday :)
  • ebony__
    Options
    oh and if i lose 20kg .... there will definately be some more clothes buying :)
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    my reward is being healthier and less heavy. seriously. that's why I'm fighting this battle ... not for a new toy. I want a new toy, I'll just buy the thing.
  • ebony__
    Options
    my reward is being healthier and less heavy. seriously. that's why I fighting this battle ... not for a new toy. I want a new toy, I'll just buy the thing.

yep definately the main reward is being fitter and healthier. buts its nice to feel like you've earned something
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I reward myself with clothes whenever I measure my rear end 1-2 inches smaller than previously.

I eat a huge carb filled calorie laden meal after sticking to my calorie and macro goals for a whole week AND squeezing in all 6 days of working out. So Monday-Saturday I eat great and workout everyday...and then on Sunday I "refeed" and don't workout, which is a reward for me because I am eating those foods that most people whine about not being able to have...yet I continue to lose fat each week regardless cause I don't totally deprive myself.
  • jleslie66
    jleslie66 Posts: 31
    Options
    Not really, I have a long term goal, and the short term successes motivate me to continue. For myself, I feel like I let myself down if I eat something with excessive calories. I try hard to stay within my goals daily, not always successful, but always close, and when I hit my goal weight of 180 Lbs, "AND CAN MAINTAIN" that weight, then I will think about rewarding myself. Honestly, people commenting on the noticeable difference is rewarding for me!! :glasses:
  • lulu9663
    lulu9663 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've decided to reward myself for every 10lbs that I lose. My only rules are that it can't be food or clothing related(I have a whole large tupperware tub full of clothes sizes 6-14), and it has to be something I wouldn't buy before because I'm a cheapskate.

I just earned my first reward. I've had my eye on a cute pair of pink crystal-pave heart earrings at the jewelry store. I went in to buy them when I got my first reward, and they were in the sale cabinet too!

I'm coming up close to 20lbs down, so I'm still thinking about what I want. Maybe a new pair of ed hardy shoes (doesn't count as clothing, right?). For one of my rewards, I want to run in the Warrior Dash, but I'm not fit enough for that one yet. And when I reach my goal weight, I want to go sky diving.
  • kiakat77
    kiakat77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I recently heard of a reward that I thought was a good idea. You put a dollar in a jar for every 1lb you lose, then you buy yourself a new outfit or anything you have been wanting.
  • Yahatsugiri
    Options
    Well, to me, getting fit and healthy is a reward in itself. So i don´t find it necessary to reward myself with something else.
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I reward myself with clothes whenever I measure my rear end 1-2 inches smaller than previously.

I eat a huge carb filled calorie laden meal after sticking to my calorie and macro goals for a whole week AND squeezing in all 6 days of working out. So Monday-Saturday I eat great and workout everyday...and then on Sunday I "refeed" and don't workout, which is a reward for me because I am eating those foods that most people whine about not being able to have...yet I continue to lose fat each week regardless cause I don't totally deprive myself.

This! I my guilt-free splurges and I love buying skinnier jeans. Down from a 16 to a 10 since August and the 10's are getting looser. Skinny jeans are my favorite reward.
  • rahmyers
    rahmyers Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My rewards:
    Every time my clothes get baggy.
    Every time I get undressed and look in the mirror and can think "getting better!"
    Going from a 22-12 since August
    Starting to see the 18-20 year old me in the mirror again.
    Standing up and not feeling my joints rebel.
    Having the Wii stop calling me obese, then stop calling me over weight.
    Getting compliments and then hearing my little girls voice say "you deserve those Mommy!"
    Being able to not count the number of healthy meals I had last week on 1 hand
    Rideing my bike sweat dripping off meand I'm happy to keep going!
    Watching those I love be inspired to live healthier longer lives
    Realizing my son can put his arms around me to give me a hug
    Feeling i'm accomplishing something good!
  • 100lb
    100lb Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Newer clothes, gone from a XXL top 42" Jeans to M top 34" Jeans, and although I originally said I wouldn't buy new until I got down to my right size, needed to.
  • dancing_cat
    dancing_cat Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm going to reward myself with new workout clothes. I love cute workout clothing and I work out hard in the gym so I'm looking forward to buying some bright yellow and coral vest tops!
  • ebony__
    Options
    My rewards:
    Every time my clothes get baggy.
    Every time I get undressed and look in the mirror and can think "getting better!"
    Going from a 22-12 since August
    Starting to see the 18-20 year old me in the mirror again.
    Standing up and not feeling my joints rebel.
    Having the Wii stop calling me obese, then stop calling me over weight.
    Getting compliments and then hearing my little girls voice say "you deserve those Mommy!"
    Being able to not count the number of healthy meals I had last week on 1 hand
    Rideing my bike sweat dripping off meand I'm happy to keep going!
    Watching those I love be inspired to live healthier longer lives
    Realizing my son can put his arms around me to give me a hug
    Feeling i'm accomplishing something good!

congrats, this is inspirational x
  • ebony__
    Options
    I'm going to reward myself with new workout clothes. I love cute workout clothing and I work out hard in the gym so I'm looking forward to buying some bright yellow and coral vest tops!

yeah i do this too, the im more motivated to do things if i like what im wearing or using..
    I do it with my classes to if i get a great grade or get major asignments done get cute stationary and things like that
  • akiramezu
    akiramezu Posts: 278
    Options
    ben and jerries ice cream every time i beat my 3km (1.85 mile) record ^____^
    as for weight loss, i don't look at the scale anymore, i judge by my looks
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    Options
    If I have a good week, I will reward myself with some kind of "skinny" tall drink from Starbucks to have for my commute to school that day. I only do this though if I have the allowance for it ;)