damn you, carrot cake!

Options
Lil_Leah
Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
i was doing good for today, until i noticed the carrot cake my mom left here over the weekend. :grumble:

i dont dare look up the calorie content. and i'm still hungry. grr.

:sad:

Replies

• willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    i love carrot cake, don't worry so much- at least you had a serving of veggies :flowerforyou:
  • sbennett23
    sbennett23 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the title of your post. I find myself feeling this way towards sweets sometimes.
  • princess03
    Options
    Damn you carrot cake indeed :brokenheart:
  • blakgarnet
    blakgarnet Posts: 343
    Options
    aw, carrot cake is one of my weaknesses too. Although I did make hungry girl's 14 carot cupcakes and they're a great substitute. But don't regret it (no regrets in life), just savor the taste on your tongue and think about all the good eating and exercising ahead of you.
  • crystalscott0906
    Options
    i did the same thing yesterday but it was red velvet cake...my total weakness. but then today i hit the gym and am trying to stay on track.....does anyone ever have problems with people at work? there is always something i shouldn't be eating at work....pizza, doughnuts in the morning, cakes, cookies...all not good. everyone knows that i am trying to eat right and they seem to try to push me to eat it or ask over and over again if i want something? VERY frustrating...
  • keiche
    keiche Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :noway: Just be firm with work people. Ask them to respect you and tell them that when you want a treat you'll take one. Tell them to back off!
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    i did the same thing yesterday but it was red velvet cake...my total weakness. but then today i hit the gym and am trying to stay on track.....does anyone ever have problems with people at work? there is always something i shouldn't be eating at work....pizza, doughnuts in the morning, cakes, cookies...all not good. everyone knows that i am trying to eat right and they seem to try to push me to eat it or ask over and over again if i want something? VERY frustrating...

So totally agree with you
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Did someone say carrot cake! This was my down fall during the holidays. My aunt made me a entire cake to show her appreciation. Of course I shared but still had a whole half which I ate. Don't look up the calorie content. Just know you got a lot of vitamins and minerals and good healthy fats from the nuts if they are included. Your skin will glow beautifully even if you butt expands:laugh:

Just kidding. But for real don't look.:flowerforyou:
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that takes water and ruins the food so she can't eat it lol
  • mniana
    mniana Posts: 2
    Options
    Oh! Good strategy. I might have to try that the next time something yummy is hanging around.
  • KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    I :heart: carrot cake!!! my favorite now am craving it LOL
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    *clicking heels & running in to see where the carrot cake is*

:flowerforyou: dang it, I thought you said there was carrot cake in here:?!

it's my fav & I'd certainly help you eat it...:love:

funny thread this is. I came running to see where the cake was and all I saw were animals, your siamese, wonka's pugs & bennets sheltie! figured there had to be a cat & dog fight cuz I sho ain't seen the dang cake yet!:noway:
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options

Oh dear...I couldn't do that....It's good food going to waste:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I just got one of the Hungry Girl cookbooks- 200 recipes under 200 calories, and they have a recipe in there for carrot cake cup cakes. Haven't tried it yet, but I too LOVE :love: carrot cake, so you may want to give it a try. They probably have the recipe on their website :flowerforyou: