My husband is a bad influence!

Options
So I did really well yesterday and today, but when I got home tonight he decided he reeeally wanted ice cream. It's one of those things that I can't say no to...so I had some and I'm feeling very heavy and low right now. Tomorrow's a new day right? I need to learn to just say no to ice cream! :grumble:

Replies

• jayme03
    jayme03 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    So I did really well yesterday and today, but when I got home tonight he decided he reeeally wanted ice cream. It's one of those things that I can't say no to...so I had some and I'm feeling very heavy and low right now. Tomorrow's a new day right? I need to learn to just say no to ice cream! :grumble:
  • thegirlwholived
    thegirlwholived Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I can sympathize with you. At the beginning of each week I say that we're not going to eat out. Then sooner or later my husband suggests going somewhere for dinner and of course I say yes b/c I have little or no will power. It's very frustrating.
  • poubre
    poubre Posts: 32
    Options
    Hmm, sounds familiar. My friends wanted to go eat dinner last night, and we ended up at a Chinese Buffet. Needless to say, ice cream was dessert. Splurging once in a while isn't terrible :). Just makes us work that much harder tomorrow =D

Philip
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. One serving of ice cream won't ruin you. In fact, for me, no foods are off limits. Measure your ice cream and enjoy it. OH! and don't feel guilty. :flowerforyou:
  • lsensebe
    lsensebe Posts: 1
    Options
    Thats okay, Don't be hard on yourself. Tomorrow is another day.
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    Yeah, ice cream is definitely my weakness too. Instead of giving it up completely, try getting either a "small" ice cream, or even a kiddie size. That's what I did with the Shamrock shake from McDonalds..that is my absolute favorite thing! So, I still got to enjoy it, but in moderation..and actually, it was just enough!
  • butterfly2008
    Options
    we all have things that we should just say no to ,my nutritionist told me not to deprive myself if i want icecream eat it but trick myself into it ex.if i wanted icecream i had to get a teaspoon and scoop the icecream on it .then i had to get at least 10 bites off it by the time i was finished that was work and geesh!!! a lot of it i learned to be satisfied with just a little bit try it see if it helps you
  • jayme03
    jayme03 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'd say it's pretty much impossible for me to give it up completely. It's my will power that I need to work on :) Thanks for the kind words...it's nice to know I'm not the only one :blushing:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I have been so good for 3 months, and then my weight stopped coming off for a couple of weeks, then on Sunday, I was bad and had cake and appetizers and my brothers house! Felt so guilty!!! Reluctantly got on the scale on Monday and lost a pound!! I think my body just wanted a little junk!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    keep blue bunny, sugar free, weight watchers and frozen yogurt for your self and you are good to go....
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I understand what you mean. My Boyfriend is on this site as well, but trying to GAIN weight. Yes, you can use this website to gain weight by recording. I eat 1,200 calories a day while he is eating at least 4,000. It's hard, but he understands my goals and I understand his... ask him to be supportive and there are options for ice cream...which is my weakness. They have great ice cream bars on the market that are very low in calorie. My favorite is a fudge popsicle for 45 calories! Yummy... Good luck.
  • moonshadow
    Options
    I know how you feel. My boyfriend doesnt need to lose weight and can drink & eat what ever he wants whenever he wants. I had to stop drinking beer and he still drinks beer. I cant eat cheese cake and he still eats it. I seen this program were you hold your thumb & middle finger tightly and think of really gross things on the ice cream. Like worms, cig butts, hair from floor etc. Then every time you see this food you hold your thumb & middle finger and think these gross things. Then on the right hand you hold the thumb & middle finger and think of really really pleasant things.
  • phollowa
    phollowa Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yah, I understand. I came home today and my husband had bought four ginormous boxes of whoppers and hot tamales. Ok, well after being so good and not eating a lot of sweets, I nearly had a stroke bc I LOVE whoppers! Mean, mean man. :devil: So, I'm 200some over my calories ( a serving size of whoppers and some tamales too!) But, at least I didn't eat the whole box, which is SO what I would have done before!!!
    Tomorrow is a new day!:flowerforyou: