Magic Food at the Magic Kingdom

Options
All has been going well 9 lost and 7 to go BUT 10 days in the Magic Kingdom ahead - any tips fitness pals!!!

Replies

• KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    I was there in disney for 7 days. You walk so much all day long you'll burn so many extra calories. If you have time i got up in the morning and took a swim. Eating was mostly family buffet dinners so I ate tons of salads and fruit. I did have a few special meals with my husband and spluged but all that walking burned it off. Good luck and enjoy!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    What kind of food plan are you on? It's really easy to do high protein at WDW and Disneyland. I was surprised. It's harder to do low cal, regular carb. I've done both, so it can be done, but you probably want to avoid the fast food places at lunch time. It's all hamburgers and chicken nuggets with fries.

In New Orleans Square there is a place that sells turkey legs. Turkey is high protein and low cal.

Some of the snack stands sell fruit.

The bread bowls with soups in them are incredibly high in calories and fat.... avoid those.

Water is sold everywhere that soda is.

Also, you can bring in your own food. So bring some healthy snacks to supplement your meals. You'll save money too.

Here are some web sites that have tips:

http://allears.net/din/dining.htm
    http://www.guide-to-disney.com/dining.php

These are both for WDW, not DL though.

I find that the all-you-can-eat buffets work well for me because there is so much choice and there is bound to be something I can eat. Other people find buffets make them overeat.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    The biggest and best tip I can give you is

a.) HAVE FUN :wink:
    ...and...
    b.) take me!!! :bigsmile:
  • MRSWESSON
    MRSWESSON Posts: 107
    Options
    The biggest and best tip I can give you is

a.) HAVE FUN :wink:
    ...and...
    b.) take me!!! :bigsmile:

I second that :bigsmile:

There are heathly alternatives at most of the food places.

I usually go to the rainforrest cafe they have oatmeal and fruit you can order for breakfast, but it is very crowded for lunch and dinner.

Carnaton Cafe on main street has healthy options as well as does the cafe just above pirates of the carribean...I think I spelled that wrong oh well:ohwell:

Lets see...fruit is available at most of the food stands and there are numberous fruit options just outside of the jungle cruise

This is all assuming you are refering to Disneyland though :ohwell: oops

Cali Advendture has tmany options for food, most of which also have healthy alternatives...hope this helps a little :happy:

HAVE AN AWESOME TIME!