Heart Rate Monitor... Which would you recommend?

Options
I'm 293lbs, and I have been relying on the gyms HRM on the machines, but I dont feel like they are very accurate. I'm about to order an HRM off of Amazon... So which would you recommend for a bigger gal (cause I know some have bands..)

Thanks for your input!

Replies

• SayLiLIG
    SayLiLIG Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    bump..
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    My Polar FT4 band was not only big enough but has a few inches to spare.(Bigger gal here too). Besides it was totally easy to set up and super easy to use. I bought a cheapy from walmart and returned it 2 days later. My Polar has been money well spent.
  • kkester63
    kkester63 Posts: 28
    Options
    If you can wear a chest band the polar ft7 is great, if a chest band is to tight or won't stay in place for you the epulse2 is worn on the forearm and gives the same type of results. The battery life on the epulse is good for 3-6 hours of continuous display before you have to recharge it. The polar is a a nice watch and an excellent hrm as well with long life.
  • WiegandS
    WiegandS Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I second the FT4 because I have it, but in hindsight I really wish I went with the FT7. If you ever want to change your battery on your HRM you have to mail in your FT4 to polar... if you have the FT7 you can do it yourself. I haven't had the issue yet, but for about $10-$20 more you might as well go with the FT7. Also, I bought mine for about $65 off of bodytronics.com. They had the lowest price and I guess they had some cross promotional deal where I got to pick up to 4 magazine subscriptions for just $2 per mag for shipping and handling. I don't know if the same offer still stands, but it's worth looking into. I would shop around for the best price because a really good HRM can be pricey.

EDIT: FT4 battery is user changeable...sorry for the mix up. Either way the FT4 or FT7 are great options and use the same battery!
  • imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    Options
    I have a polar ft4. The watch band has tons of holes to adjust it. It could be very large or very small. It also comes with a chest strap. I love mine!! You could probably get a good deal online or through ebay/amazon.
  • SayLiLIG
    SayLiLIG Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I got the FT4 in pink (I wanted something cute) on Amazon.

I'll be getting it Tuesday, Soooo excited!