just started working out

Options
so i just started working out and i'm wondering how long it will be before i see some results, i had hit a plateau with just dieting, i plan on hitting the gym at least 4 times a week. i go on the treadmill for 30 mins alternating between 4.0 (3 mins) and 4.5 1 (1 min), then i do the eliptical for about 15 mins(4.5 - 5.5), i definitely am working up a sweat on both

Replies

• KPainter70
    KPainter70 Posts: 152
    Options
    If you really want to see results, skip the treadmill and hit the weights.
  • rcramer7
    rcramer7 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hey Kait1215,

I started a few months ago and couldn't wait untill I saw some good stuff happen. Well, it didn't! What I did notice was: I started getting stronger, I could workout longer and harder, I started building more energy and I mentally felt encouraged.

After that I started to notice little things like my shirts fit better, my shorts were getting looser, etc...

It's a pain in the butt some times but, It's starting to be just another part of my day.

To directly answer your question...1-2 weeks I noticed it in strenght, and after a month I noticed it (barely) physically.
  • Kait1215
    Kait1215 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    i dont know how to use the weight machines, thats why i usually stick to cardio, some of the machines have directions but most of them dont
  • Kait1215
    Options
    Hey Kait1215,

I started a few months ago and couldn't wait untill I saw some good stuff happen. Well, it didn't! What I did notice was: I started getting stronger, I could workout longer and harder, I started building more energy and I mentally felt encouraged.

After that I started to notice little things like my shirts fit better, my shorts were getting looser, etc...

It's a pain in the butt some times but, It's starting to be just another part of my day.

To directly answer your question...1-2 weeks I noticed it in strenght, and after a month I noticed it (barely) physically.

ok so basically ill notice it in my clothes but not the scale?
  • rcramer7
    Options
    i dont know how to use the weight machines, thats why i usually stick to cardio, some of the machines have directions but most of them dont

The best thing to do is check out some utube videos. It's real important to have perfect form when you do the exercise. It's more important than doing more/longer!

Besides that, The best exercises are still push-ups, SQUATS!!, dips, crunches and stretching.
  • rcramer7
    Options
    ok so basically ill notice it in my clothes but not the scale?

I don't own a scale. They distract me. If I gain a pound in muscle/water/fat or lose it how do I know? I like the mirror, the picture, or clothes. But, if I'm out somewhere I will jump on a scale to check.

I love to walk outside. It gives me energy and makes me feel like I did something healthy. The only thing with cardio is you burn calories while you're doing it and when you're done you stop burning it. When you lift weights you burn cals durring and 1-2 days afterward. You shouldn't lift weights more than every other day (i do a fullbody) either or you will just keep damaging the tissue. Cardio is fine every day though.
  • Kait1215
    Options
    ok thankyou :)
  • Dmederos
    Dmederos Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    IF there is someone working at the gym I would ask them for help on how to use the machines and they will be more then happy to teach you the correct form and way to use them, also I do cardio everyday but only strength training every other day because I want to slim and tone not bulk up
  • Kait1215
    Options
    IF there is someone working at the gym I would ask them for help on how to use the machines and they will be more then happy to teach you the correct form and way to use them, also I do cardio everyday but only strength training every other day because I want to slim and tone not bulk up

so one of the ppl working at the gym showed me how to use the weight machines today so im gonna start using them, how do i record that in the strength diary?