Strength training help

Options
Ive never done any strength training. Not possible to join a gym. What is the easiest way to get started at home. I can purchase a DVD and some weights but don't know which one to start with. Ideas please.

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Marklauren.com

I should ask him about comission, I really should.
  • StephC74
    StephC74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have been doing 30 Day shred but if you haven't done much strength training I wouldn't do it more than 3 times a week with rest in between. After my 4th baby I did a lot of pilates videos and they helped me get back into shape. They are not quite as intense as Jillian but still strengthen your core.
  • lddavis06
    lddavis06 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would also suggest Jillian Michaels "30 Day Shred". I bought mine at Wal-Mart for $10, and a set of hand weights. You can start with a pair of 3 lb dumb bells or 5 lb. She does a 3-2-1 system, 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs, in 3 curcuits, with 3 different levels. The first few days is hard, but it's amazing how quickly it gets easier :)
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I started with 30 day shred and 6-week 6-pack. Then I switched to Beach Body with a 90 day program which I never finished because I went back to 6-week 6-pack. The Beach Body is quite expensive where Jillian Michaels is only $10.00. My opinion is you don't need to buy sn expensive program or expensive shakes etc.. for weight lose. Just start where you are comfortable, and you'll do great!!
  • Stinkeymonkey
    Stinkeymonkey Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Chalean Extreme is awesome! I get in the best shape when I do her program. You can find it at Beachbody.com