Right amount of calories but not enough food????

Options
twocsmom
twocsmom Posts: 120 Member
A friend of mine has been really frustrated because she's not losing the weight like she wants. So I was taking a close look at her diary and noticed a few things.

1. Yes, there are some days where she barely breaks 1000 calories (that's the first point to address)

2. There are very few fresh fruits or veggies

3. She's doing protein shakes and smoothies, and some frozen meals (lean cuisine) types (sodium is always under though sometimes barely)

4. Her calories are not spread evenly throughout the day (big breakfast means small lunches and dinners, etc.)

5. I felt like there was very little actual food for the amount of calories she's consuming.

I'm not a nutritionist, nor an expert by any means but I'm wondering if my #5 observation above could be where her struggles are originating.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Points 1 and 2 are the only ones that have any kind of relevance for health and weight loss.
  • cbenzerga
    cbenzerga Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I think 1 and 2. I keep hearing calories in vs. calories out. That it doesn't really matter what time of day you have them just how much you have. 1000 is too low for really anybody..that's what I keep reading on here anyway. BMR and all that.