my first week

Options
Well here I am. (sigh) I am a 48 year old woman and my goal is to lose 70 pounds. I am so grateful that i found this site I feel that its going to help me tremendously:wink: I love reading all the of the post and words of encouragement I am a size 16 now and would like to be a size 9 when done. This is my first week and have lost six pounds. I will be posting on my progress,sharing helps me!:smile: Well thank you for reading and any tips you have would be greatly appreciated,

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Hello :)
    Good luck on your journey of weight loss, you can do it!
    xoxo
  • EAVA
    EAVA Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    hello can I join you on you way?
    could you tell me your plan, can I follow you?
    I need to loose at least 100lb, or 11 inches from my waist
    that what at the Stroke Prevention Clinic told me to do.
    I am 56, my weight 226 lb and 6 days ago had my first mini stroke or TIA
    I had to change my lifestyle to avoid full stroke
    my diet is now 80% fresh fruits and vegetables
    bananas, kiwi, oranges
    squash is best, not vegetables in cans b/c of too much salt
    nothing fried, cooked lean meat and fish
  • Nancyfrenchie
    Options
    getting started here (again) s well,looking to loose over 60 pounds,good luck to us (o:
  • catspurr1
    Options
    70 lbs for me too, just started. It is a bumpy road. One day at a time we will all get to our goals. Stay focused. Add me as a friend.
  • RoxyLDN
    RoxyLDN Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Good luck with this, susie2894!
    I also started this week and I'm very happy with Myfitnesspal. It's great!
    I'd like to lose 22 pounds, and above all go back to doing sport regularly.
    See you around!
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. I started here at the end of July and have gone from 218 to 159.2 and size 18 to a 10. My goal was to lose 73 pounds. So, I know if I can do it, you can do it. Eat clean, drink lots of water, and keep moving! Congrats on your loss this week.
  • mrselanco2268
    mrselanco2268 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just completed my first full week. The testimonials and posts by different ones have been both encouraging and inspiring. Welcome aboard!:happy:
  • lornathewizzard
    lornathewizzard Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, welcome aboard and congratulations on making the decision to change your lifestyle! Feel free to add me if you're looking for buddies :)
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    You took a very important step this week.Determination is the ticket to your goals, and making yourself a priority.If you are looking for friends to go on this journey you can add me if you like. At 55 yrs old I am here to stop my yo-yoing. This is the best thing I have done for myself.
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! :smile:
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Susie, to MFP and to all of you who are just starting on the road to better health. My "tip" would be to select some clothes that you can use as a barometer of your progress. Have someone take a picture of you wearing those clothes. It doesn't really matter if the clothes don't fit you at the moment. That's the point! Then every month or two preferably on the same day of month, have someone take new pictures of you (front, side, back) wearing those same clothes (the same background setting is helpful too). If you stick with MFP and eat a healthy diet and exercise, over time you will see yourself shrink in the photos and this pictorial record will be very motivating to you. Particularly in the low points (and you will have them) when the scale isn't moving.

My "jeans-o-meter" has been a key objective tool in keeping me motivated since I started last summer. Almost 40 pounds down...yea!

Best wishes to everyone!
  • janmar57
    janmar57 Posts: 13
    Options
    my first week aswell my first weigh in will be monday fingers crossed. bought a pair of trousers today deliberately too small. this is me time you are doing it for you good luck:smile:
  • susie2894
    Options
    Thank You all I am so looking forward to this journey together!
  • susie2894
    Options
    Thank you you look so good what a difference! I can't even imagine what you must feel like. What did it and does it feel like to lose that much weight? You did what I hope to do congratulations and I mean that WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Soozie1978
    Soozie1978 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I'm 55 yrs old and have been here since October, losing 28 pounds so far and going from size 12/14 to a tight 8. My goals are to regain my health before its too late! I have diabetes, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and just about any other bad "high" you can measure. If I can do this, you can,too! I just sent you a friend request. To others, feel free to add me.:flowerforyou: