zumba calories burned

Options
anybody have a way to calculate zumba workout calories accuratlely? having some trouble figuring it out and dont wanna guess..

Thanks

Replies

• beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know too - hope you don't mind me eavesdropping
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Use the database entry entitled Aerobics, or Dance.
  • mserobi
    mserobi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I take Zumba as well, the Zumba instructor says you can burn 600-1000 calories, I dont know what the accruate number is.. I am also having trouble calculating totals for my workout
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Can you use a heart rate monitor the next time you Zumba? This would be most accurate. For now, you could log it as aerobics or dancing (although I would only use a percentage of the number MFP gives you - maybe 50 to 75% at most - because it tends to overestimate cardio calories burned).
  • Jeaninedj
    Jeaninedj Posts: 43
    Options
    http://www.zumbacalories.com/

Don't know about the accuracy but its something...
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Their is a zumba fitness calculator, you put in your weight and how long your class was and it figures it out for you.... I'm not on my home computer so I don't have the web address. I found it one day while googling it. Of course the most accurate way is to wear a heart monitor.
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    http://www.zumbacalories.com/

Don't know about the accuracy but its something...

This is the site I was thinking of :smile:
  • Jessica_Henry74
    Options

this is what i use
  • 2012slimjim
    Options
    I list it as line dancing, not sure if that is accurate x
  • Tuesdayfortnite
    Tuesdayfortnite Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    remember your own personal level of fitness (and your age) will come into it - the fitter/older you are the harder it is to burn calories.

I did an hours zumba class last night, and wore my hrm. I burnt 357 calories, flat out, couldn't talk level of exertion. There is no physical way I could burn 1000 calories in an hour. (I'm 5ft 2" and 143lbs currently but pretty fit). Even doing a step class I rarely burn more than 450 and that's supposed to be even more intensive.
  • traceyjolli
    Options
    When I did an hour session of Zumba Cardio I used the calculator and it estimated about 650 calories for my weight which was 162lbs. I logged it as 500 to be on the safe side.

I finally got a HRM and did the same workout on Sunday and I burned 862 claories!! whoo hoo. That was the 50 mins cardio party dvd. My weight was 162lbs