recommendations for a 15-45 min exercise regime that has no

Options
I'm doing exercise using a few different things found on websites, put together for calorie loss mainly. My situation is i cant afford a gym and due to feet/knees have been told not to run. I feel frustrated because while i'm doing exercise it just feels half hearted and i dont know how to fix it. I want an intense 15-45 min exercise going on you know? any recommendations?

Replies

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Try Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD Only $9 at Target. 20 min work out. Awesome
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30Day shred - 20 mins + warmup....
  • kirkemorgan
    Options
    p said feet and knee problems that JM stuff will totally make the situation worse (thanks for the bad advice)
    A heavy bag would work for you, upper body cardio will give your lower body issues some rest. Hit the bad for 20min and you'll get a great workout.
  • ronanoo
    ronanoo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    damn folks! quick reply! thank you :) i'm going to see if i can buy it online
  • aranchmom
    aranchmom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    www.T-Tapp.com Great 15-20 minute workout that tones your body, or one of her longer (30-45min) ones... She is a rehabilitative trainer, and developed her workouts based on what heals, etc. Its not easy - don't let the time fool you. :smile: Nothing is hard on joints.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Get a bicycle off freecycle or a garage sale.
    Or try some exercise DVDs from your local library.
    Not sure how you'd feel about it as a guy, but I like bellydance as a workout. It's low impact and helps with posture and core muscles... And where it's from, guys definitely dance too :wink:
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    buy a bike..pedal it as fast as you can. i can not have any impact exercises as part of my day. find some hills, walk up and down them. then walk up and down them again.
  • TheMsKitten1
    TheMsKitten1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have to wear a brace with the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. There are a lot of things in it you might not be able to use but there are a lot of things that you will.

There are a lot of jumping exercises though. She has a lot of strength training too. You might get plenty out of it for the 9 dollars you find.

I dont run either but I still walk. And you can walk enough for exercise if you go far enough fast enough. I recommend that no matter what you do get good shoes.
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    A bike or swimming would be good exercise, Pilates is good for stretching and gets the muscles working but it doesn't build up a sweat like some workouts do I guess. Some low impact dancing would also be good, gets your heart rate up but doesn't require you to run.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,011 Member
    Options
    there are alot of free workouts online, bodyrocktv.com or scotthermanfitness.com have some really good workouts
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Tiffany Rothe on Youtube. A lot of her videos are sans footwork or jumping! I was doing her stuff with shin splints while they healed.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    It hasn't bothered my knees or feet. Stick it.
  • Sb65513n
    Sb65513n Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Nike Training Club on iPhone its free
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels but definitely wouldn't recommend her workout DVDs if you have knee/feet problems. You can try Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds for a lower impact workout. I would also recommend a mini stationary bike for a very low impact workout. There are many to choose from on amazon.com and they're super convenient and easy to use. Good luck!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
  • kirkemorgan
    Options
    I really hope your not a nurse::laugh: