my feet are shrinking--wow!

Options
NewLIFEstyle4ME
NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
A week or so ago, I had to buy new walking shoes, because my shoes were getting to big. I found two new pair and while I was at the mall, I found 2 really sharp pairs of boot/gym shoes type of things. They didn't have them in my size, so I order them from another store. Once I started packing on the ugly pounds, my feet GREW from a size 6 to a size 9:blushing: :cry:

The new walking shoes I got are a size 8 and 8 1/2. The new gymshoe/boot things I ordered are a size 8 1/2. Well, I had on my son's flip flops yesterday and said to myself, wow, my feet are really shrinking. One of the kids said...WOW mommy...you have on our youngest sons shoes...our youngest son is 8 years old:love: . This was shocking to me, because I thought they were my oldest son's shoes.

Even my new walking shoes (that I LOVE) Merrell Pace Gloves in the 8 1/2 are getting to big:noway: which isn't cool, because I just got them and really really really love them.

So, the new shoes came in yesterday as well, and I have to take them back, because they are way too big.

I'm seeing results in every part of my body now, from my head to my toes (literally) :laugh:

YAY!!!!!!! Still got a long way to go though:wink:

Replies

• bethhyg
    bethhyg Posts: 209
    Options
    Never really thought about someone's feet growing. I guess it just proves that when we lose fat. We lose it from everywhere. Including those feet.
  • reggiepe
    reggiepe Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Over the last 10 years I had gone from a size 10.5 to a size 11.5 wide. That was gaining over 100lbs in those 10 years. I am looking forward to go back into shoes and boots that I haven't worn for 10 years or so.
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Ohh! I never thought of that I used to be a 9 now Im a 11 I hope my feet shrink too!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Ya know, also I'm hoping my hands shrink too. When I first blew up to 198.8 (15 years in the yucky making), my hands were so smaller than they are now. I had to get my ring resized, and I actually had to get a another wedding band, because i didn't want to get it resized AGAIN. My hands and fingers grew from a size 4 1/2-5 ring finger (my hands/fingers have always been slim/skinny and delicate looking) to a whopping size 7 3/4-8!

My rings are sliding around my finger now, but I can still wear it. So, I hope my hands/fingers shrink as I continue too as well.
  • rayvargo39
    Options
    As you gain weight, the bones in your feet spread out to more evenly distribute the weight they have to carry. You aren't necessarily losing fat (although I'm sure many do) but the bones are "coming back together". Similar to how many women's feet widen during pregnancy...
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Ya know, also I'm hoping my hands shrink too. When I first blew up to 198.8 (15 years in the yucky making), my hands were so smaller than they are now. I had to get my ring resized, and I actually had to get a another wedding band, because i didn't want to get it resized AGAIN. My hands and fingers grew from a size 4 1/2-5 ring finger (my hands/fingers have always been slim/skinny and delicate looking) to a whopping size 7 3/4-8!

My rings are sliding around my finger now, but I can still wear it. So, I hope my hands/fingers shrink as I continue too as well.

Lol. My ring finger has stayed a steady 9, since I was in my teens. I do have large piano playing hands.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

Lol. My ring finger has stayed a steady 9, since I was in my teens. I do have large piano playing hands.

My husband is a lifelong piano player and his hands are huge...even though he's slim.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    As you gain weight, the bones in your feet spread out to more evenly distribute the weight they have to carry. You aren't necessarily losing fat (although I'm sure many do) but the bones are "coming back together". Similar to how many women's feet widen during pregnancy...

That is so cool to know, thanks so much for posting!
  • hag101108
    hag101108 Posts: 22
    Options
    My feet have also 'lost weight' too. I used to wear a 9-10..I'm in an 8-8.5 now and I just bought some medium sized flip flops. It's awesome! I'm ready for FMP's!!!
  • future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    That has honestly been one of the most rewarding benefits to losing weight! The shoes available in size 10 wide and not nearly as cute as my size 8 1/2 feet now! I think by the time I'm done I will be a 7! Who knew!?!!? Congrats!
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have been telling my husband that my shoes are all loose on me now and he thought I was crazy!! Thanks for this post!! Congrats on your amazing work!
  • goodhealth2012
    Options

how interesting.. thanks for that tidbit! :smile:
  • JeanetteButler
    Options
    That's good info! Thanks!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    YEP:bigsmile: It's official...my feet are indeed shrinking:bigsmile:

I've got my little boy's shoes/flip flops on and looked on the back of them and they are a size 5

I looked it up on google and a boy's size 5 is a woman's size 7!! YAY--I LOVE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    WOW! Thanks for this story. Finding size 12 shoes is HARD! Hopefully when I loose weight, mine shrink too.
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    Congrats, OP! I put on sandals yesterday for the first time this year and they fit better than they did last year! I remember them being too narrow/small in the strap to just slip on, and they went on easy-peasy! Maybe I'm not losing weight in them, but something has definitely changed!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!