Runners!

Options
Girls.. whats the best kind of shorts to wear for running. What I hate most is getting up to my speed and then realizing my *kitten* cheeks are hanging out lol! So try and pull em down and then 2 seconds later back up again.. Also wouldnt mind something that makes my legs look slim

** do girls who thighs dont touch at all have this problem??

Replies

• marybrry4
    marybrry4 Posts: 12
    Options
    Good question! Bumping for an answer!

Never in my life have my thighs NOT touched, so shorts are always creeping up, making wedgies all around.
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    i have puma hot pants. there sort of shaped in there cut with slits but arent tight, they're sorta baggy. i dont think they show my bum, if they do noones had the common to tell me! ahah!
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    i have puma hot pants. there sort of shaped in there cut with slits but arent tight, they're sorta baggy. i dont think they show my bum, if they do noones had the common to tell me! ahah!
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I have nike running shorts that stay put...they have built in undies with nylon shorts over...they are very comfortable and do not chaffe...
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! It made my running time horrible. I thought maybe they were too small, then I wore some larger ones and I had to keep pulling them up. I am shopping for a pair this weekend, so I'll have to check out nike or puma.
  • tameejean
    tameejean Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My favorite is my Brook's PR Mesh Short! The shorts underneath have little nubs(?)n on the underside of the hem that keep them in place. It's so comfortable to run in and super cute to boot! I have two, but I think I'm gonna pick up the other colors too.
  • tameejean
    Options
    That was supposed to be Skort not short. If you Google "Brook's PR Mesh Skort II", you'll find it :)
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I don't run in shorts for that reason. I'm still 220# and my legs have never not touched.

Are you running in actual running shorts? If not, try going to a running store and get a pair of North Face or Mizuno or something made specifically for running - maybe it's just the fabric/cut of the shorts you're running in.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I've started wearing spandex or bike shorts (minus the padding) for my longer runs because the regular running shorts chafe my thighs too much when I sweat ;( I do like the running shorts for short runs (like 4 miles or less) because they're comfortable. I just don't care how bad I look in anything anymore, I guess. My thought is, if you're watching me run, you're going WAY too slow LOL
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I've started wearing spandex or bike shorts (minus the padding) for my longer runs because the regular running shorts chafe my thighs too much when I sweat ;( I do like the running shorts for short runs (like 4 miles or less) because they're comfortable. I just don't care how bad I look in anything anymore, I guess. My thought is, if you're watching me run, you're going WAY too slow LOL

If you like the longer spandex shorts check out triathlon shorts. The chamois in them is lighter than biking shorts but enough for a bit of padding when riding but comfortable for running at the same time (they're designed for a triathlete to wear in the swim, on the bike & during the run)
  • tameejean
    Options
    And to answer your other question, my thighs don't touch, but some shorts do ride because my waist is small in proportion to my booty and the waist rides up.