Cheat Day Weight... When Will it Leave?

Options
Alright, I've found with my life it's easier to take a couple days off so that I can eat normally with my friends and family. Anyway, I did just that on Tuesday and Wednesday. I ate everything and I gained 10 pounds.
Alright, no biggie. I know a majority of it is water weight especially since my stomach was still getting upset on Friday because of the damage I did.
My question though is this ... for those of you that have cheat days, how long does it take you to lose the gain?
I've only lost about 3-4 pounds. I was 153 before, 162-163 after, and 159-160 right now.
Last time I did this I gained about 5 pounds and lost it and more by the end of the week. It's going a little differently this time.

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Usually a week, sometimes less and sometimes up to one and a half weeks. It depends on how much sodium I consumed and how much water I drink in the days following.
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    4-5 days for me.
  • judypriv
    judypriv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    well, I cheated a little on vacay and gained back 5 of my 7 pounds. It took me 1 month and 12 days to actually lose the whole 5 lbs and today lose a little more but I think I am the exception. Usuallly if I eat too much I gain 2 lbs, and lose it in a week but not this time.
  • kfunkyfresh
    kfunkyfresh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Usually takes me about 4-5 days
  • feb06momma
    feb06momma Posts: 169
    Options
    My cheat/relax day is on the same day as my weigh in day (Sunday). I do NOT look at my scale any other time except for Sundays, so its gone by then along with a little bit more. :)
  • karanmwk
    karanmwk Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My cheat/relax day is on the same day as my weigh in day (Sunday). I do NOT look at my scale any other time except for Sundays, so its gone by then along with a little bit more. :)

Very smart!!!!!!!!!
  • hedwighigh
    hedwighigh Posts: 299
    Options
    Awesome so hopefully that means that it'll go away by Monday or Tuesday. Although, I would be happy for it to go away (and hopefully more) by the time Spring Break is over.
    I have noticed that it seems like my biceps have become more defined since my cheat days.... That's a plus.
  • maf66
    maf66 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    After a cheat day I make sure I eat a lot of fiber, around 30g and make sure to drink more, way more than the 8 glasses of water to help push the fiber and the rest of the junk through and out of my system.
  • hedwighigh
    Options

That is a good idea.... I'm just too curious to see what damage I did though. :blushing:
  • axman19
    axman19 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    For me it depends on the amount of water I drink the days after. Most of mine leaves in the first 36hrs if I drink a ton of water. So the more water the quicker it leaves, this is me however and all people are different.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I only do a cheat meal and I normally weigh less the day after.
  • hag101108
    hag101108 Posts: 22
    Options
    After my cheat day..sometimes it's just a meal....I make sure to get double my water in for the next two days. Typically I drink 3-4 liters a day. After that...I try to do 6-7 liters for the next two days. It typically leaves pretty quick after that.
  • DorothyR87
    DorothyR87 Posts: 113
    Options
    I have cheat days however I still watch what I eat. My husband and I only have Tuesdays off and we always use that for our "date nights." Because I know we will be going to dinner I am careful with what I eat the rest of the day. I usually only gain about 1 or 1.5 lbs and within 2 days it is gone. I would suggest that on cheat days you don't over indulge and eat whatever. Perhaps if you know you will be going out to dinner you can eat less for your other meals that day and that way you won't go way over and put on a lot of extra weight.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    its always different, but i gained 10 lbs this week too. 2 sachets of green tea in each cup and pack on those veggies (fiber fiber fiber)

flush the fat out!
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    My current plan doesn't allow for cheat days but when I as taking them, it was always like one or two cheat meals, not a whole day, and always right after recording my official weight for the week. Usually it would push the scale up a couple pounds. I weigh in on Monday, and usually by Thursday the cheat weight was gone and by Sunday I was down a pound or so.

Hope this helps! As long as you get back on track right away and like everyone says, drink lots of water, you'll be fine. :drinker:
  • hedwighigh
    Options
    I have cheat days however I still watch what I eat. My husband and I only have Tuesdays off and we always use that for our "date nights." Because I know we will be going to dinner I am careful with what I eat the rest of the day. I usually only gain about 1 or 1.5 lbs and within 2 days it is gone. I would suggest that on cheat days you don't over indulge and eat whatever. Perhaps if you know you will be going out to dinner you can eat less for your other meals that day and that way you won't go way over and put on a lot of extra weight.

I only do this once a month to every other month though. I probably will not eat so much next time though.
  • hedwighigh
    Options
    its always different, but i gained 10 lbs this week too. 2 sachets of green tea in each cup and pack on those veggies (fiber fiber fiber)

flush the fat out!

Glad I'm not the only one that gained so much. lol.
    Seems like most of the people that do that much damage are body builders or just men. Glad to hear that another woman gained this much too. Don't get me wrong, I'm not glad for the stress that came with it.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I just have a cheat meal and its usually allowing carbs like rice or chips as I don't usually.. I'm usually low carb/wheat free. the next day I will be really low carb, no cereals, no bread either, lots of water, its usually gone in 2 days if I did gain any.
  • marbly
    marbly Posts: 103
    Options
    Depends on what you mean by "cheat".

On the ones where I ate anything I liked but was still under my cal goal for the day, I gained about 3lbs and it went away within 3 days. On the times where I binged the whole day up to 5000 cals or more and I gained weight on that and it would be around 5-7lbs where I need to work hard the next two weeks to lose the weight. Binge days WILL slow progress but should be okay if you did it only once a month or once every alternate month.
  • tlinval
    tlinval Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago it was my birthday. I gave myself 3 pounds for my 38th birthday...booo!! :grumble: It took me all week to lose it, but by the next week's weigh-in I had lost it plus -.6 . I really worked hard and was diligent about my water intake, that seems to be the key with me. Don't sweat it too much, it'll be gone sooner than you think! :flowerforyou: