Abdominal Exercises

Options
I want to know what is the best abdominal exercises or routines to help rid of love handles and a bulging stomach. 18425123.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    fat loss is the only way you can loss that stuff.

but i guess for some exercises... i pretty much try to keep it heavy weight cable crunches.. standing and on the floor.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Eat at a calorie deficit and do Interval Training, Cardio, Running, whatever. To strengthen core muscle few things are better than weighted squats and dead lifts. None weighted, planks, side planks, stability ball rollouts/jacknifes, bird dogs, mountain climbers, cross body mountain climbers, and probably others that I am not remembering.
  • kirkemorgan
    Options
    You alreadt knew this answer didnt you. Abs are made in the kitchen, but bicycle crunches and planks are 2 of the best abs exercises, don't be one of those ppl who do them every day..pointless
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    You alreadt knew this answer didnt you. Abs are made in the kitchen, but bicycle crunches and planks are 2 of the best abs exercises, don't be one of those ppl who do them every day..pointless

how often should you do them? how many reps?
  • kirkemorgan
    Options
    If your goal is having defined abs the most you should do is every other day, Abs are just like any other muscle fiber in the body, they need at least 48hr for recovery. If you train them hard, once a week is enough for development. Doing them more won't make them more visible. the ppl I'm training for show only do them once to twice a week. That depends on how much the muscles them selves are standing out. Really flat abs =2xweek, soemone with a washboard=1xweek.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    ahh thanks. i don't want really defined just toned looking. i still have a little pooch in the lower area that i can't seem to get rid of. My upper abs are looking fine but i can't get the lower yet b/c of the extra pudge. I am content with the rest of myself right now but that little area. i guess more cardio is in my future to get rid of that extra pudge..
  • kirkemorgan
    Options
    You shouldnt have to add much more cardio, maybe 10min extra a day, and drop a few cals more each day, the both should get it off after a while.
  • Fred4point0
    Fred4point0 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Try the book "Complete Book of Abs" I have lost 6 inches in 4 month. Down from 38 to 32 size pants. Do that along with a 20 minutes interval treadmill run.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    What? No one's mentioned deadlifts and squats!!!

Eat at a deficit to lose fat and reveal those abs.:smile:

Edit: Oops, I guess someone did mention them..my bad.:embarassed:
  • rsmugala
    rsmugala Posts: 35
    Options
    Try slim and six pack, its an 11 minute ab routine you can find on youtube. Its great, fast and free!
  • vryanz
    vryanz Posts: 49
    Options
    Ab Ripper X! I had a baby just over a year ago...I started ARX, and my abs are better now than before baby ;)
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I do abs monday thru Friday
    Planks- front and sides
    Crunches
    Medicine ball brunches
    Punch and crunch
    Leg lifts
    Flutter kicks
    4 count leg lifts
    Bicycle crunches