is this normal ?

Options
hi I just stared on this page 3 days ago and I been sticking to my intake very well but i have been getting headaches a lot .. Is this normal for the first few days or should i go see my doctor to see what he say's?... just wondering if its from the change in eating whatever i see to now only eating what i know is healthy ?:ohwell:

Replies

• ConcordPhil
    ConcordPhil Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? Maybe you've stopped drinking coffee... the simplest things can cause headaches but definitely if they persist, call your doctor.
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I always get them when I drastically change my diet. they have since stopped. Took about a week.
  • ambie11babycakes
    Options
    Yes i have been drinking so much water i just found out i have kidney stones so i have been drinking like crazy maybe your right its not having the tea and coffee my body is used to never thought about that thanks for your help .. just was wondering if anyone else stared out having headaches at first
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    If you are low carbing it is absolutely normal to get headaches. I find I get them if I drink a lot of water too.
  • ambie11babycakes
    Options
    I always get them when I drastically change my diet. they have since stopped. Took about a week.

Thanks for your help hope my to will pass :)
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    you're welcome :-)
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you are having a caffeine withdrawl? Did you use to have a lot of pop or coffee?
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Yes, especially if you've cut way down on caffeine.
  • ambie11babycakes
    Options
    Perhaps you are having a caffeine withdrawl? Did you use to have a lot of pop or coffee?

No but i did have a lot of tea but i put black tea back in my foods to eat to see if that will change so far today i woke up fine but it sounds like there normal to get ..
  • ladyplaz
    ladyplaz Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have severe migraines and when I started they acted up because I was doing something different to my body. Be sure to Not over exercise. I did that, and caused myself severe pain and no weight loss. But by this I mean, if you are aiming to lose 1.5 pounds a week and are set for sedentary you should eat (for me) 1450 calories a day. But, when I exercise and burn 500 calories, I have to eat back part of that. One, I have to keep my calorie intake above 1200 calories daily and two it keeps that migraines at bay. I am NOT saying that it is not something that should be attended to by a doctor, but check for the simple things first. As my hubby always says Keep It Simple Silly! :smile:
  • clouxles
    clouxles Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The body is using reserves of glycogen stored in your muscles and liver... headaches are not an uncommon symptom. Give it 3 days and you should be good.... and drink! WATER...

Also I learned to drink my coffee without milk add a little cinnamon ... (very few calories in black coffee) if the headache stops wean yourself off if you still want to. Some vices are mmmm "not so bad"
  • JCam8383
    JCam8383 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I also have headaches the first few days of changing my diet so I would imagine it's normal. Infact just last week I gave myself a headache b/c I usually eat rice krispies for lunch but instead ate rasin bran crunch and since it has more carbs and sugar I got a headache from it. No worries tho, just drink lots of water and keep doing what you're doing and your headaches should go away soon.
  • ambie11babycakes
    Options
    I have severe migraines and when I started they acted up because I was doing something different to my body. Be sure to Not over exercise. I did that, and caused myself severe pain and no weight loss. But by this I mean, if you are aiming to lose 1.5 pounds a week and are set for sedentary you should eat (for me) 1450 calories a day. But, when I exercise and burn 500 calories, I have to eat back part of that. One, I have to keep my calorie intake above 1200 calories daily and two it keeps that migraines at bay. I am NOT saying that it is not something that should be attended to by a doctor, but check for the simple things first. As my hubby always says Keep It Simple Silly! :smile:

I also get migraines but these are just normal headaches never got one today so maybe my body is learning this new change I'm a very big girl so my intake is high but i so understand what you are saying you work out you need to put some back in thanks for the tips :)