Abs are made in the kitchen...

Options
So please someone tell me what I need to eat to get the abs I want.
Carb/Protein/Fat percentages?
Examples of breakfasts/dinners I could eat?

I would LOVEEEE anyones help :-) xx

Replies

• TiffaniBarrett
    TiffaniBarrett Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    bump-de-la-bump
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    eat at a deficit of roughly 200-500calories. its that simple.. meal timing doesn't matter at all. you can eat whatever you want .. whenever you want. as long as you hit your daily macros.

i use 40% p 35% fat 25% carb diet to cut. this is more trail and error.

edit : also do some weight training.
  • mrsepiphany
    mrsepiphany Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Are you doing special training, or just asking as a woman?

Cos as a woman I'd say just do your abdominal exercises.
  • TiffaniBarrett
    Options

What do you mean, just asking as a woman?

Ive lost 30lbs so far, and still have a tummy pooch that needs to go! xx
  • Alyx128
    Alyx128 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    There have been certain foods and different types of exercise that have been shown to help you lose a higher percentage of belly fat. I can't remember all of them as I read about them in prevention and/or Women's Fitness a while back. I do specifically remember that green tea helped people shed more belly fat and I do believe blueberries and Monounsaturated fats helped somehow as well. I think high intensity interval training (HIIT) may have been shown to target belly fat a bit more (really not sure about that one). You can google this stuff and see if any of it can help you. Still, everyone's body is different, and we all lose fat from different places. Personally, I shed weight from my belly first and the fat on my thighs refuses to move. It's is annoying.
  • TiffaniBarrett
    Options
    Thankyou! I will have a google!! xx
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    There are no special exercises or foods that will directly target belly fat. Your best bet is to eat at a reasonable calorie deficit (20% below TDEE is a good starting place) and do some exercise, ideally with weights.

You don't even need to do ab work if you don't want to. It will help strengthen your abs but ab exercises will not cause belly fat reduction.
  • DecemberNick
    DecemberNick Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    There are no special exercises or foods that will directly target belly fat. Your best bet is to eat at a reasonable calorie deficit (20% below TDEE is a good starting place) and do some exercise, ideally with weights.

You don't even need to do ab work if you don't want to. It will help strengthen your abs but ab exercises will not cause belly fat reduction.
    Fact.
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Remember to be patient, you need to have a pretty low bf% to see abdominal definition. Being consistent with your diet is going to be important. I know I got into a bad habit of doing really well through the week then relaxing things on the weekend. Since I've cleaned that up (a bit) I've noticed improvements.
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately belly fat seems to be the last to go especially in women. Just keep eating right and at a calorie deficet. You can't spot reduce...but you can develop the muscles underneath the fat so when the fat is gone you have a nice tummy!
  • cmsiemsen
    cmsiemsen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I just looked this up the other day... there doesn't seem to be a specific consensus as to which foods are the best "ab foods". We do, however, already have great ab muscles, anatomically speaking, they're just covered in fat. So maybe lowering body fat should be your goal? (It's mine!!)

Here are some good resources:
    http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/weight-loss/plans/diets/foods-for-flat-abs/
    http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/abs-diet-foods
    http://www.self.com/flat-abs-guide/superfoods-for-flat-abs-slideshow#slide=1
    http://www.sixpackfactory.com/5-foods-you-should-never-eat-if-you-want-six-pack-abs/

Almonds seem to be number one in great abs haha
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,571 Member
    Options

Myth. You could do all the ab exercises in the world, but if you're diet is off you'll never see them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    There have been certain foods and different types of exercise that have been shown to help you lose a higher percentage of belly fat. I can't remember all of them as I read about them in prevention and/or Women's Fitness a while back. I do specifically remember that green tea helped people shed more belly fat and I do believe blueberries and Monounsaturated fats helped somehow as well. I think high intensity interval training (HIIT) may have been shown to target belly fat a bit more (really not sure about that one). You can google this stuff and see if any of it can help you. Still, everyone's body is different, and we all lose fat from different places. Personally, I shed weight from my belly first and the fat on my thighs refuses to move. It's is annoying.
    Myth. No foods encourage higher metabolism. Metabolism is based on a person's activity level and intake.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Ah finally a voice of reason.

IDEA Fitness member
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Food definitely makes a difference (I've lost 75+) but I finally had to hire a personal trainer to work on my abs because of surgery I had several years ago that left me with a roll and a serious pouch. The exercise I do work on the girdle that is under the 6pack and I'm telling you, they kick butt!

I can't give them to you but perhaps you could get a consulation with a trainer (one -that's what I did) and have her show you what exercises to do. It's making all the difference for me.

Good luck!
    Dominique
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I see 20-something's on the beach who obviously don't exercise at all, but have killer ab definition. It's because they pretty much have close to zero body fat. It would take very little work for them to get cut.
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options

:smile: