Ultimate NSV

Options
jhungate
jhungate Posts: 95 Member
I began my journey to fitness 2 years ago, ultimately taking me about 14 months to get where i want to be. The NSV have begun to pile up and there are several that are key that i will share, however yesterday i experienced one that trumps them all:

8 - 5Ks with a Personal Best (PB) of 23:21
1 - 7.5K
1 - 10K
1 - 1/2 Marathon
Suit size from 56 jacket with 48 inch waist pants to 42 jacket and 33 pants
Off of meds for high cholesterol and hypertension

Here is the ultimate NSV: Yesterday I was medically cleared to run a Marathon (which I have been training for for nearly a year), as a part of my physical exam my BP was 100/62 with a resting pulse rate of 52. My doctor is a marathoner and she said my medical stats and physical conditioning puts me in the top 2% of the general population health wise. I was also approached by my employer to be the "face" of the corporate fitness program. I will share my story and it will go in literature that is given to every employee within our corporation.

I share this because I was 318 pounds, had high blood pressure and high cholesterol, was on my way to a heart attack or stroke and an early death. If I can do it, anyone can do it. Remember that what we do here is a lifestyle change, not a diet or exercise program. It is about trying to make the right choice for your health every day, life is too precious and too short to waste it on poor health. Nothing, and I repeat nothing tastes as good as I feel....

Replies

• Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    What a testimony to hard work and dedication. Congratulations!!
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    well done, you must feel brilliant. sensational transformation!
  • shinyshell55
    shinyshell55 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    What a great story! Congratulations on getting clearance to run your first marathon. Love that resting heartbeat! I also think it is great that your story will help others in your corporation to make a lifestyle change....truly inspirational.
  • secretiive
    secretiive Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    absolutely wonderful!! hope you're an example of success to many :-)
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Good for you!
    Great story. Good luck on your marathon!
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Wow...that's awesome!! Congrats on the weight loss and your Ultimate NSV's :)
  • dorseykm
    dorseykm Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Congrats and that is a pretty awesome story!
  • kimdwl
    kimdwl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that is an amazing NSV!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!