Confused about BMR net calories?

Options
Hi everyone. I've been able to lose 25 lbs since December 15 by netting anywhere between 1200-1600 cals per day and now my weight loss is slowing down. I'm just trying to figure out how many calories I should be netting at this point because I'm not sure I should be following what MFP tells me to do (1290 cals to lose 1.5 lbs per week).

Stats:
Female, age 22
5'9"
177 lb (Goal: 155 lb)
Exercise 5-6 days per week - HIIT cardio and strength training

Any input is much appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• stephaniemelinda
    Options
    same thing has been happening to me, and i'm wondering what exactly i should be going. i've been netting mostly around 1200, eating mostly ovo-vegetarian and running/elliptical/strength training 5x per week. i have been in the 170.2-171.4 range for about a week and a half now, just fluctuating between these weights, even though my eating and exercise have been relatively unchanged. i've lost 21 lbs since the beginning of january.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Drop your goal to 1lb a week and see if that helps. If not, drop your goal to 0.5lb a week. The closer you get to goal weight, the less a week you will lose. You're in that range where the calories for 1lb loss or 0.5lb loss will be the best range.
  • ebiggz
    ebiggz Posts: 11
    Options
    It's possible that your body is hitting a plateau which mean your body is getting used to the exercises your doing. Maybe try changing them up (muscle confusion)
  • led6777
    led6777 Posts: 268
    Options
    It's possible that your body is hitting a plateau which mean your body is getting used to the exercises your doing. Maybe try changing them up (muscle confusion)

Good idea. I do a lot of running, almost every day, so I'll try and work on diversifying my cardio routine.