Need motivation

Options
japatch
japatch Posts: 17 Member
I am new to MFP and seriously need some motivation to get rid of this extra weight, it's almost another person and I am NOT having any fun with it.

Replies

• jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    My motivation is my fat pics...I have them pinned in front of my running machine..When i start getting tired...I look and it gives me my 2nd wind..
  • lindyc11
    lindyc11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Check out the success story message board....that will definitely motivate you! :)
  • fearlessbetz
    fearlessbetz Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi new Friend! It's hard to find that motivation. However, I've had a lot of support here on MFP. I also started talking about my goals to family and friends. You'll be surprised how many people are going through the same thing and will want to know what you are doing. I also set mini goals with non-food rewards, usually new workout gear (workout bag, pants). It helps to find a workout buddy if you can, just to break up the routine. They can push you when you may not feel like it. There are going to be bumps in the road, but slow and steady wins the race!
  • japatch
    japatch Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    @jonski489 - I use my skinny pics! I have them on my refrigerator, hoping they will keep me out of it, not working so well. Maybe if I put them on my treadmill it would give me more motivation.

@fearless - I am also on DailyStrength.com and there I have found a lot of support also. Hopefully by posting my progress I won't get so easily discouraged and give up.
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    My children are a big motivation for me. As I have gotten healthier I can enjoy and play with them more. I also don't want them to end up on MFP!!. This is motivation enough for me.:smile:
  • Jivebunnie
    Jivebunnie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new, I joined last week. I'm using my 'thin' clothes as a motivation as exercise isn't an option at the moment. By logging your meals every day, it really helps - it's up to you whether you keep your food diary public or private - there's loads of people on here to help with any questions you have & we are all here for the same reason. I too am carrying 'an extra person' in weight - get as many friends on here as you can, we'll all motivate you in one way or another & good luck with the weight loss.:happy: