Newbie here.

Options
Hello All,

I am trying to eat healthier and excercise to reach my goal of losing 30 pounds. I was told I should eat 1200 cals a day, which to me seems like a lot of food since I have been eating so slim lately. I was also told to use ground turkey instead of beef, but everytime I cook it, it just taste so bland.....any suggestions?

I look forward to losing the weight I need and education myself on a better eating lifestyle. :-)

Replies

• rowanflame
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with eating beef if you get lean or extra lean meat. Other than that just limit your portion sizes and eat more infrequently through the day, and drink LOTS of water!

Hope this helps some.... ^.^
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Once a week I get a half pound of really lean strip steak. I grill it, and it fits easily into my diet. YMMV
  • mattgleason
    Options
    Spices! Get some good recipes. Go to the Food and Nutrition post. Go online and google "recipes." If you want to eat stuff that tastes good and is healthy for you, you wil need to lean how to cook. Good luck.
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of turkey, however I have changed my diet and do consume a rather large amount of it. The easiest and cheapest thing to do is buy turkeys when they are on sale. Roast the whole thing off, let it cool down, then remove the skin. Strip the meat from the bones and place meat in tupperware containers and freeze. Use the bones to make a healthy sodium free stock. The meat that you harvest from the bird will taste better than the ground turkey that you buy. I take out what I need from the freezer and then process it according to whatever recipe I'm doing at the time. Dice for soups, course grind for chili's, fine grind for sandwich fillings, etc.

Hope this helps

Food is what I do for a living

Feel free to add if you wish:smile:
  • Beretta11
    Options
    Thank you everyone... there are some great ideas here that I can work with. :smile: